cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring Update Chat 2019

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2019-Early-Seller-Update/bd-p/19earlysellerupdate

Have a question? Look there ^^^

You can check the announcements. 

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Spring Update Chat 2019

Weird, I usually get emails from eBay regarding upcoming changes, but I never got this one.... I'm not sure I'm a fan of forcing those of us who use fixed price to go to "good til cancelled".  If you don't list in the middle weeks of the month, you'll have some months that will get double fees (if you are listing more than your free listings or listing in a store format), which kind of stinks.  One more nail in eBay's coffin for me.  My other site beat my sales here by over 10X for February, I kid you not.  It was far and away the largest margin of difference I've had since I started selling on more than one venue.  Feels a lot like I am wasting time here these days.  More views and traffic elsewhere, as well as more sales. 

It would seem that a LOT of people over on the discussion are downright mad about being forced into "good til cancelled".... it just seems kind of pointless to me, although a mod did state in one of the threads there that 80% of fixed price listings are done using "good til cancelled" these days.  Not sure I believe that, but they did state it.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Good-Til-Cancelled-Update-from-Harry-Temkin-VP-of-Seller/td-p/...
^^^
Update from 3/1

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

It seems as though ebay is discouraging the small sellers from using this platform to sell. Being forced into "good till canceled" is just wrong. I had gone on vacation in December and did not list any items again until this week as it seems to be an exercise in futility for me as sales are so low. It also discourages sellers that rotate stock as it forces you to keep items listed that are not selling. Not sure who is making these decisions but I would venture to say that many small sellers will not like this feature. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

Not a fan of the good til canceled fixed price function either.  I don't understand why they keep messing with us small sellers.  So guess I'll go back to auctions again for awhile.   Its not any fun selling on Ebay anymore.  Too much work and I'm too old to be jumping through all of the Ebay hoops now.   I use to do so well and now its such a chore.   

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first post on this forum as we just found it today. My question is about the Marketplace Sales Tax requirements. We sell in Ohio and it is no problem handling the sale tax for them.  We know that eBay will start collecting the sales tax for Marketplace states but who will do the reporting eBay or us. Since we are part time sellers, we will never meet the minimum reporting requirements and should not have register and report for all of these states. How are the other part time dealers handling this issue?

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

@sedlytz 

Are you selling out of Ohio or to Ohio?

Ohio isn’t a use sales tax online state yet. Haven’t heard of plans in the works either. It’s possible.

Off topic: Is there a reason you have a store with no listings?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

Hi, sorry for the confusion. We are in Ohio and have it covered for several years on sales tax. My question is who will report the sales tax to these eight states. eBay or the seller? If we the seller have to report to eight more states then it not worth it for what volume we have.  

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

The reason we shut down our store is to find  out the sales tax reporting before continuing to sell on eBay.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

eBay will be reporting it. I can’t find the link right now that states that. I think it was under announcements.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

Ok. I was making sure there wasn’t a glitch that was hiding your listings.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Ongoing-Changes-in-How-Internet-Sales-Tax-May-Imp...

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/taxes-import-charges?id=4121

Well now I’m confused 🤷‍♀️

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

I HATE that I'm being forced into the GTC as well.  I list for other people so if I go into the following month and a new customer gives me several items, I've already used up my 50 free listings when the older items go into the new month. I called Ebay & they told me this change was because the 1,3, & 5 day listings were flooding the search results!!! So get rid of THOSE instead.. Too bad for Ebay losing my business because I'm going to list less.Shame because I love their customer service and brand reliability. Would love to know what other sites besides poshmark are similar to Ebay in fees. ( poshmark charges about $7 to ship each item, so id have to lower my prices considerably to attract buyers)

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Spring Update Chat 2019

Open another account.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply