cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return issue - Need advice

I sold a pair of those sketchy anysize "jeans" that come in the hard plastic SEALED case. Buyer asked to return item bc of a small tear in the pants, I accept the return request bc I figured maybe factory error situation. I just got them back and the person clearly put their toe through the pants at the knee. The rip is from the inside and is toe shaped. Annoyed and trying to figure out if its worth reporting to ebay and seeing what they say and possible take the negative feedback or best to just let it go. They were $30 and ive already now paid out $14 in shipping. What would y'all do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

First off, I seldom deal with clothing on ebay, so take that for what it is worth... BUT, my thought is that if you accepted the return, eBay is going to see that as you being obligated to refund because you have the item now, and you have the buyer's money, too. Hard to say for sure. This is a case where one *might* consider calling eBay to talk to someone, but I would probably wait another day or so first to see if anyone who sells clothing weighs in on it. Just curious, is there a group or discussion board for clothing sellers here? You might want to pose your question there and see what kind of answer you get.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you call eBay you will get a defect because you had eBay step in.
You have the item, so you need to refund.
Sorry this happened. Hopefully you don’t run into this a lot.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply