cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P T Sellers WORDGAME 2013 .......all welcome !!

And without further ado........................................

this is all about ...FUN !

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 1 of 45,382
latest reply
45,381 REPLIES 45,381

Re: P T Sellers WORDGAME 2013 .......all welcome !!

Fly ~ Penguins Smiley Happy

Savanna ~ lay off the schnapps  wink emo.gif  love.gif  ...and for what it's worth:

Question 1. You're walking down the street and you see a clown car filled with 2-3 clowns, tops, driving past you. As you turn to watch them go by, looking for additional clowns, you trip over a toy poodle and spain your ankle. What do you use?

• Answer: Ice. If you've sprained your ankle it's all but guaranteed to swell up in a hurry. You want to get ice on it as fast as you can. Yes, it will stiffen later on, but remember, heat generally makes swelling worse.
How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 25786 of 45,382
latest reply

penguins are FUNNY

hidy, the warm made it feel SO good. back to the ice. 😞

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 25787 of 45,382
latest reply

Funny-BONE

Message 25788 of 45,382
latest reply

Heel Bone Connected to the Ankle Bone ♪♫ Dem Bones

Hope your ankle is OK Savanna....you drive a stick shift?  Racy!  Hi, skinny!

Message 25789 of 45,382
latest reply

connected dem DOTS to get a picture 🎨🎴

reinforcements arrived with ready to use compresses and wraps. have been doing that and keeping the foot elevated. so far so good. no hospital 🏥 visit, yet.

hidy, i have never owned a cat with an automatic transmission. 🚗

Message 25790 of 45,382
latest reply

dots ~ but I bet you saw STARS

Savanna , I had the same thing happen to me years ago.  Anyway, one morning the phone was ringing and jumped outta bed to answer it.  Had that dead leg you were talking about.  Jumped out on the right foot and since the leg was numb, ankle turned right over and fell flat on the floor.  Had to hop on left leg and drag the right one along.  But, yeah, nasty hurt foot in same place as yours.  Went to work later in the day and I guess I eventually worked out whatever I did to my foot.Smiley Very Happy  I'm a knuclehead that way.

Ice initially for first 24-48 hours(20 mins on, 15 mins off)and compression wrap like you are doing & elevate.  If you can take anti-inflammatory, do so to stop the inflammation that helps cause the swelling.  Using heat after an injury will only increase circulation to the area and create more inflammation.  If pain, swelling, or limited function increase, may need an xray just to be sure ligament not fractured from the bone.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 25791 of 45,382
latest reply

stars ~ celestial

shirls, thank you for relating what happened with you. I have been trying to work out all day exactly what happened. I knew I wouldn't try to stand up on the side of my foot. Now I know it rolled over and as I was falling, I tried to get purchase a second time and rolled it twice.

Wow! I did just stay sprawled ladylike for a bit, because I kept trying to move that leg and it was just flopping. I didn't feel pins and needles so I was doubly confused.

I will probably go for an X-ray tomorrow to be on the safe side. About four years ago, I cracked two bones in the top of my right foot, but didn't know it. It was sore and I remembered somewhere in my brain to walk off the soreness. So I kept to my daily exercise routine. It didn't swell or bruise till the 4 or 5 days later. Then I couldn't even put it on the floor. When I went to the hospital, they were wheeling me around and anytime it looked like someone was going to get close enough to touch my howling with pain foot, I would tell "watch out for my bear paw" because that's what it looked like to me! 😄

That was fun, not. Months in casts, walking casts and struggling with crutches. So knuckleheaded moves, I'm in that club!

Message 25792 of 45,382
latest reply

Celestial ~ Herbal Tea  ...do you say "herb" or "erb"? Smiley Tongue

Clumsy bunch we are!  When Max heart was in decline he had an accident on the kitchen floor...I call it the pee puddle slip and slide incident ~ put me out of commission for several weeks!

Savanna, just can't help myself, lol 

hidy, i have never owned a cat with an automatic transmission. 🚗

nor have I, ha ha ~ love that auto correct as it makes for some amusing sentences!  I learned to drive on a stick...my parents had an old clunker and they insisted that my brothers and sister and I learn how to drive a stick shift first!

Message 25793 of 45,382
latest reply

Herbal (and I pronounce it both ways) ~ WEED

Oh savanna, so sorry.  I too have experienced something VERY similar.  In a restaurant, foot went to sleep without the typical pins and needles sensation.  Went to stand up and rolled it a couple times before going all the way to the floor in the middle of the restaurant.  And no, there was no tequila involved. 😉

Totally agree with what shirls said regarding treatment.  Sounds like you are on the right track.  Just don't over-ice or it will increase the inflammation.    And ice is only good for the first 48 hours, the doc will probably let you use some of that great feeling heat after that.    And yes, you answered your own question, see a doc, you don't need to be walking around with an unknown broken bone.

And, I had to learn on a stick too, also had to show Dad that I could change a tire, change a fan belt and change my oil before I could drive.  And then there was the parallel parking test.  Both the DMV and my dad.  LOL!  Glad I had to do all that stuff, made me take the responsibilities of driving seriously.

On the other hand, I've had many cats and never had to change a fan belt on any of them. 😉

Be a spirit ~ not a ghost . . .

~ the first step to knowledge is not knowing . . .  Alice

Message 25794 of 45,382
latest reply

weed EATER

Haha! I LOVE you guys. So funny. Auto-correct can be a super pain, because you would THINK after you, the human, go back a change it, that it register OVER RIDE, but no.

Where did you ever find that picture hidy? You are aces at images. 🙂

alice, whoa. I a restaurant no less. I'll bet the other diners and staff were alarmed. Also, thanks all for the good advice. I really would have kept it stuck in warm water, just like I thought walking off broken bones was a good idea. That one though, I kicked a stick. Who would think that would break not one but two bones?

I didn't learn on a straight drive, my HS had Drivers Ed and the car was an automatic. My first car though was a clutch (and not power anything) ... my Dad wanted to keep me strapped to my moms station wagon until I had more experience behind the wheel. I begged my uncle and he took me out and taught me.

My Dad did the same thing with having to learn all about the car, doing general maintenance and upkeep, changing the tire, the whole nine yards. He would do surprises inspections to make sure I was doing everything, if I hadn't driving privileges would have been suspended, so it was always right. 🙂

Cats, I've owned a few and am surprised I'm the only one that ever had to change a fan belt. Oh no, that was a litter box, never mind.

Message 25795 of 45,382
latest reply

Eater - TRENCHerman

(I hope no one hurts themselves today!)

Message 25796 of 45,382
latest reply

trench WARfare

i love the word trencherman 🙂

Message 25797 of 45,382
latest reply

War - ZONE

Hope your ankle is feeling better today!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 25798 of 45,382
latest reply

Zone-AUTO

Message 25799 of 45,382
latest reply

auto(maton) ROBOT

thanks, love. 😍 still cold compressing and limiting my activity. forgot to answer the herb erb question. i think i mostly say ERBAL these days. pass the erbal tea.

Message 25800 of 45,382
latest reply