cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT - How Did You Come Up With Your ID Name?

I am getting ready to change my user ID - much more work than I had anticipated - but it got me thinking about all of the great ID's I have seen on the boards and also the ID's that I didn't have a clue as to how they came up with it or what it meant.  Please share! 

I rescued my dog and he rescued me!!
Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: OT - How Did You Come Up With Your ID Name?

In the mythology of the pacific Northwest Coast 1st Nations peoples Komokwa is the king of the undersea realm.

He's always been my favorite character from their many wonderful legends.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Komokwa is the king of the undersea realm.

He's always been my favorite character from their many wonderful legends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwakwaka'wakw_mythology

Thanks Komo.. Learned something from the forum today!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 17 of 24
latest reply

My user IDs are neither business or brand messages!!  Mine are more of an explination.  I joined ebay in July of 2008.  It just so happens that crude oil and gas prices hit their all time high in that month.  I literally started ebaying....2afordthegas.

Alternately I am nursing a new ID, hopefully I will be able to reap some success from it, as it is on behalf of my children, and literal also....2afordcollege.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

I literally started ebaying....2afordthegas.

and literal also....2afordcollege.

Necessity is the mother of invention

and you've invented a two great ID's...

I like them. 🙂

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

I was looking for something and stumbled over this......Anyone want to share their story?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

I'm me, love ❤️

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Somehow I missed that Honda bumped this thread...and today is my 4th anniversary under this ID ~ how do I know you might ask...I know because I got a badge today:  Smiley Very Happy

4th Anniversary
‎05-18-2017 03:50 PM
earned the
4th Anniversary badge

This ID was chosen because my old ID was very similar to another posters ID, and people kept confusing the two ~ and that was not a good thing if you get my drift!  

Unless you pick gibberish, trying to find an ID that hasn't been taken is really hard.  I wanted yada yada, but it wasn't available ~ I also wanted a word/name that was easy for others to pronounce and since I start almost all of my posts to newcomers with "hi", I decided on hidy-hoo, although the "hoo" (pronounced "who", not "ho") has caused some problems! Smiley Very Happy

Anyone else? 
How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 22 of 24
latest reply

In my younger days I used to roam the streets in my Hoopdie looking for Items to sell at the flea market. Was very successful at this and soon had a new ford f-150, One day I found the motherload of stuff in front of a house where the residents were sitting on the porch. As I was loading up, One of the porch people yelled out "Look at that Junkman picking through my trash in a brand new truck" They were all laughing at me. As I closed the Tailgate with my full load I looked right at them and said "How do you think I bought this truck?" They all stopped laughing. I've been a Junkman for decades. When my wife died of cancer at the age of 55, I added this to my handle.  Good Luck to you.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi Ibuy and everyone!

When I created my ID I put all the fantasy available. . .it's my real name!

From here you can understand how much fantasy I have. . . Virtually zero!

Smiley Sad

Congratulations on your signature Ibuy . . . It is very moving!

Message 24 of 24
latest reply