cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Prevent International Sales

Don't want the hassle with Customs Forms, slow shipping complaints & hits on your Shipping Time DSR's, INR (Item Not Recieved) because there's no DC (Delivery Confirmation) on the shipping method the buyer insists you use or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) and buyer won't return due to cost of S&H that you had to pay to get it there & you lost money on? There are 3 steps:

1. At Home Page after signing in wave your cursor over the Account tab & click on Site Preferences in the drop down menu.
Find Shipping preferences & click on Show at the end of the row.
Find Exclude shipping locations from your listings & click on Edit
Put a check mark on all options including North America as NA does not include US.

Put check mark in Apply to all current live listings & click on Apply.

2. Find Buyer requirements on the same page & click on Show then Edit.
Put a check mark in the box under Buyers in locations to which I don't ship.
Put a check mark in the box in front of Apply above settings to active and future listings.
If you truly do not want to be bothered with requests to ship internationally put a check mark in the box at the bottom of the page next to Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me.

Click on Submit.

3. Log into your PayPal account & click on Profile in the sub-menu bar at the top of the page.
Under Selling Preferences click on Payment Receiving Preferences.
Put a check on Yes under Block payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold:

Scroll to the bottom of the page & click on Save.

Needless to say, as you're in these areas & have other options that are available, you should adjust your settings for your comfort level. Hope this helps!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 1 of 177
latest reply
176 REPLIES 176

Re: How To Prevent International Sales

1.00 USD = 0.997500 CAD

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 31 of 177
latest reply

I HAVE SHIPPED TO CANADA MANY TIMES AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS, AND WILL CONTINUE TO SHIP TO CANADA. GREAT BUYERS.
Message 32 of 177
latest reply

Well , then Pontiac, please take a moment to explain to Gins how easy it can be !

PS. you don't have to do it in all capital letters, if you write like this we'll hear you just fine !

Message 33 of 177
latest reply

Thank you pontiac and komo. I definitely am looking into shipping to Canada. I don't know about elsewhere, but I can limit it to just Canada without being forced to ship elsewhere- right? ?:|
Message 34 of 177
latest reply

As far as I know , yes !

I think you have to click the thingy where it says ship to North America !
Ask someone who's using the same listing program.

BTW--- while I'm still here........take the No Returns off your listings ! It can only lead to trouble since eBlech & Pay - it's not your money till we say it is - Pal , both have buyer protection return policies that trump yours !

Message 35 of 177
latest reply

stefs_clothing
Adventurer
I love my Canadian buyers. I ship worldwide but most of my international buyers are in Canada. For those who are nervous about customs forms or don't want to have to wait in line at the PO for purchasing First Class International (FCI) postage, stamps.com has a FREE eBay program that allows you to print FCI and the customs info prints out on the shipping label. You just fill in the address, package weight and size, choose FCI, and then fill out the customs form with the type of shipment (it would be merchandise for eBay stuff), and then type in what you are shipping. For example if I was shipping a dress to Canada, I would select a quantity of '1', type in 'Dress', and then type in the delared value, which would be the amount of the winning bid. That's it! So easy and you just tape the whole label on the package and drop it in a blue box, no waiting 🙂
Message 36 of 177
latest reply

stefs_clothing
Adventurer
Sorry about the run-on paragraph...I know some of you hate that!
Message 37 of 177
latest reply

Hey Stef, don't apologize, that was a great paragraph. It is very helpful.
Message 38 of 177
latest reply

stefs_clothing
Adventurer
Oh PS, you have to call stamps.com customer service for the free eBay program, as far as I know, unless it's now accessible from their website. I haven't checked.
Message 39 of 177
latest reply

Stef, I just did it online - my resolution this year was to be more organized, with a sub-category of work smarter, not harder...so..this frees me from a trip to the p.o. AND I can quit grumbling that USPS won't let me make a label for First Class International--yippee!!

and thanks!

Happy Sales To You!.....Until We Sell Again!
Message 40 of 177
latest reply

Thank you stefs. Great thread. Lots of info that makes this seem so easy. I really appreciate it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates learning some of these details from those "in the know" like yourself. Thanks again.
Message 41 of 177
latest reply

stefs_clothing
Adventurer
I'm glad I could help 🙂 Wishing you lots of green from international sales!
Message 42 of 177
latest reply

For those of you that do sell Internationally you might want to update your BBL, http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=lone_wolf_mhiml+&Dirn=Left+by&ref=home

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 43 of 177
latest reply

As a new topic was started I thought I'd update this one. If you decide to sell & ship international my advice is to expect an occasional scammer & to be careful of the value of the item you're listing. This http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Feedback/Will-E-Bay/520257507 will take you to a recent transaction that didn't go well for the seller and has all the earmarks of buyers remorse that turned into a scam:

No communication.
Didn't pay voluntarily after repeated requests.
UID filed & waited until the last few hours to pay.
Filed SNAD with PayPal and wanted a partial refund!
Up to three weeks for dispute to be decided, read Post #8.
Neg dropped before dispute closed.

Could this happen with a US scammer? Of course! But at least in the US you have some recourse, file complaint with scammers local police, file internet fraud with FBI at this http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and you can file a USPS fraud report at this https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx

Once your item leaves our borders you have none of the above to fall back on so lesser value items may be fine and dandy but I'd think twice about expensive ones.

Message 44 of 177
latest reply

OKayyyyy! Try this one!

Buyer left: NEVER RECIEVED ITEM! BAD COMMUNICATION! LIAR AND IS NOT RECOMENDED! - - - - -

Seller responded....REFUSED TO PAY UK CUSTOM FEE! LIED ABOUT ALL ! JUST A THIEF ! BLOCK THIS "BUYER"

Buyer responded.......IM PAY FOR POSTAGE £22 AND PLUS I NEED TO PAY £220 FOR FEE??!!! GOOD JOKE???

Item at auction, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=370475082259&si=DNQfomjdAPi%252BnYPSUmD5set21a4%253D&viewitem= .... Yup! £220 is just about right for import duties to the UK for 1500 hundred US in gold coins! BBL international sellers!

Message 45 of 177
latest reply