cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaining

Hello everyone first time hosting. I’ve had a buyer harass me about my shipping cost that she feels is $2 over what she thinks it will be. She told me to invest in a scale and measure and weigh the items first and was rude. I only do this part time thank you to have a fresh for sponsoring and I’m usually pretty spot on with my shipping. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Complaining

‘Posting’

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Complaining

A complainer would complain if it was a quarter or a thousand dollars:

Blocked bidders list fer sure.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Complaining

Tell her $2 is for shipping supplies, final value fees and ebay fees for shipping.  I had someone complain over 45 cents.  Unbelievable.  People think everything should be free shipping because of amazon.  Unlike amazon, we have to pay taxes and more to ship than they do.

Jdbass35
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Complaining

I have a saying for that:

One convinced against their will. Is of the same opinion still.

IOW don't sweat it. Some people live to complain. They're bitter people just looking for a place to vent, and you just happened to be that vent this time. Don't worry yourself over it. As you said; you work hard to get it right. You know you did the right thing, and there's probably nothing you can say or do that will change their mind (like I said above).

I find the best policy in these situations is to always be polite, and try very hard to sound empathetic to their concerns -- even if you're not.

eg;

I'm really sorry to hear you feel that way. That's probably really good advice. But do know I try very hard to be as accurate as possible. Thanks for your feedback, and thank you very much for your purchase.

At this point you've pretty much ended any further argument. You've taken all the wind out of their sails.

Now they think they've won the battle. But you know better. 😉

Best wishes.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply