cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer won't pay & won't respond, and now "It's too late to cancel this order"

On November 8, a buyer bought my item. He didn't pay. eBay sent reminders, and I sent him messages as well. After I gave him more than enough time, I decided to cancel the order. This resulted in "It's too late to cancel this order", and eBay's advice is to "Please contact the buyer to see if you can work something out."

Well, that's clearly not gonna happen. What recourse do I have now? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ignore it and move on. Relist. Re-sell to someone else. In the future, after 4 days of 'non payment'; cancel/relist/report buyer. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Ignore it and move on. Relist. Re-sell to someone else. In the future, after 4 days of 'non payment'; cancel/relist/report buyer. 

I tried to relist - eBay won't accept it: 

"You can't relist this, because you've selected to automatically relist it."

Obviously, it hasn't been relisted since the buyer said he'd buy it.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh, come on -- somebody must have had this happen to them! To review: 

• Buyer bought my item.
  • He didn't pay.
  • I tried to cancel the order.
  • eBay sez "It's too late to cancel this order" ... "Please contact the buyer to see if you can work something out."
  • Also, "You can't relist this, because you've selected to automatically relist it."

Suggestions?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

File a non-paying bidder/buyer alert.  You will likely have a wait while eBay gives the buyer time to complete it, although if it's been several days, you may not have a wait, either.  As for putting it back up, until you get clearance from eBay on your reported non-payer, you aren't supposed to relist an item.  You likely *could* put it back up using "sell similar", but what if your original buyer then pays... it's annoying, but patience here is your best defense.  File a non payer claim with eBay and wait until they clear you to relist it.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply