cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer didn't notice item was local pickup only

I just had a large and heavy item (automotive) bumper that sold, it was listed as local pickup only. The buyer (only 1 feedback) is obviously new to ebay and didn't notice. The listing had LOCAL PICKUP in large bold type in a couple of places.

Not realizing that there was a simple process to cancel this order through ebay, I sent him an email explaining the situation and refunded his money via paypal. 

I expect he will not know how to cancel the order on his end ( this exact scenario happened last year also), his "address" is a UPS store.

My question is  ... is it now too late for me to use the ebay route to cancel the order? Will he get refunded twice? If I leave things as they are will I have to eat the seller fee? (not a big deal if I do). 

I don't sell many things, and this is the second time this has happened with someone with zero or 1 feedback ... makes me worry it's a scam of some sort, both times the person had apparently joined ebay just to buy my item. In the first case a year or so ago I tracked down and called the buyer, big language barrier .... and he seemed to have no idea what I was talking about.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You’ll need to cancel with problem with buyers address.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Looks like I'm going to try to work it out. He seems to really want the item ... what the heck, the virus has me out of work, and he's willing to pay the shipping from NY to North Dakota on a giant 45 pound item. At least he's communicating 🙂
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just make sure you triple check postage. That’s heavy and oversized.

Hope it all works out well!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply