cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Scam? Purchase with bank account and want you to ship while pending.

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I have been trying to sell me Alienware laptop for over a month now. In both situations the buyer pays with a bank account through paypal. The payment is pending for two weeks then is cancelled by Paypal. The first buyer tried to tell me that I needed to ship them the item for the payment to process, HAH! The second buyer sent no messages but had no purchase history and created the account the day they bought it. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there any way to restrict payment to credit card or paypal credit only? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@draconicmethod

Hopefully you filed UID's on those, so to give them a strike and to get your FVF's back.

You are selling an expensive item on a low feedback number account. You're basically a scam magnet. If you choose to still try and sell it here, listed with fixed price immediate payment only. There isn't anyway to stop bank account members.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@draconicmethod  You are experiencing a well known and oft used SCAM directed at new or infrequent sellers.  As has been suggested, you will have better luck using Buy It Now with Immediate Payment Required ~ i.e. better luck at discouraging scammers, but maybe not at selling your widget!  Smiley Happy

If you decide to stick with an auction, make sure that you require the buyer to have a PayPal account...in other words, in your buyer preferences/requirements, block buyers without a PayPal account.  This will discourage and block sport bidders and scammers that try to get you to ship before they pay as most don't have a PayPal account.

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply