cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been trying to pay for something for 30 minutes, paypal checkout is apparently down.

I guess if I can't get this to work, I will go to AliExpress and buy from there.    I wonder how many sales we lose each week because of stuff like this? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Been trying to pay for something for 30 minutes, paypal checkout is apparently down.

Yep, I still can't get it to work. I thought it was maybe on my end, the new security stuff or something, so I switched and tried Chrome instead of Firefox, nope. So I tried Pale Moon browser... nope. So I tried Brave browser...nope there, too. As a seller this makes me sick to my stomach. Going on 45 minutes of trying to pay now.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Been trying to pay for something for 30 minutes, paypal checkout is apparently down.

Yep Me too, Ebay needs to spend more time on its servers and less time creating new useless page changes. Is anyone at Ebay listening about PayPal payment options not working. Hello, Hello !!!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

And, it's STILL not working. Going to bed, will give it ONE more shot in the morning. If it won't work, I'm going elsewhere. Sort of like I have been with my listings. Can't say I didn't try to keep it here, but two full hours of not being able to pay for something in my cart is ridiculous. Paypal comes up if I sign in directly to the site, so it isn't on Paypal's end. This is squarely on eBay's payment process.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Same problem here, have had no luck for several hours now.  I can sign in to PPal independently from eBay just fine, and everything looks ok from that perspective, but I can't get signed in through ebay to pay for anything in my eBay shopping cart.  Frustrating!  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

FINALLY, this morning, I get it to work.  How many sales has this cost us all recently?  I know I have seen several posts about people having trouble with the new checkout system.  I know that eBay likes to keep us on site and not send us off-site to paypal to pay, but if this system is down then we are every one of us proverbially screwdrivered by it as sellers.  This is very basic stuff that eBay cannot get right, and it's costing us all money. 

I wonder if there are any metrics ebay can go back and look at that show how much money they lost because of people NOT being able to pay because the system is broken?  I wonder if we could get eBay to cough those numbers up with a FOIA request?  Thinking seriously about filing one to find out.  It would be REALLY interesting to know....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply