I'm going back to 3 day handling and paid shipping

I'm also raising my prices

I DON'T NEED THIS ANYMORE

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

Re: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

@raquel_bayarea  Thanks for your several posts on this thread, at least compared to Bob you are showing a willinginess to engage.  The thread of his you mentioned I read a little over a week after it went live, commented once then I believe later commented that he as the OP had not been back to reply to anyone.  We all "get" the Andrew Carnegie type posting speak the eBay employees use with perhaps the exception of the eTeam (Alan, Trinton & Heidi) who engage with members on a more regular basis.  While my and other new Sellers' time here is a drop in the bucket compared to some who go all the way back to the 90s its not like we don't know anything about business.  I for one learned from a very good sales manager who in turn had learned from another very good sales manager that one of the axioms in business is that regardless of how bad things get you don't cut your sales force nor REDUCE their incentives.  At the time I was learning the sales end of business, and through example, we watched several other companies in our industry start to struggle and one of the first things they did was cut down their sales force which is the kiss of death for a business.  You see, until a sale is made NO business has been done, period.  And here is a key point, sales people are some of the most itelligent and highest paid people in the world, they are the front line for any organization, they know the pulse of their business better than upper management does.  Sales people don't design the product, they do not make the product, they do not install the product but by golly they have to know every single detail about the product AND the market place in order to be effective selling it.

So as I read through this thread and got involved I simply saw it for what it is, a company making the age old bad decision regarding sales by, in this case, REDUCING incentives.  Many replies here are from savvy sales people (AS WELL as Buyers) who know their business and what you have is eBay's Sales force pushing back against a wrong decision made by upper management.  While there may be a short term benefit to eBay financially with reducing the TRS discount the long term damage is obviously not apparent to them ... but have no fear, in time it will be.  And that is not a threat, that is just how business works ...  

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 241 of 266
latest reply

The proposed changes make clear management sees no long term path forward for the eBay business model. They understand that USPS will finally be taken out under the current administration and, with it, any hopes for eBay.

Message 242 of 266
latest reply

This stinks so bad I just might have to call them cheesebay!

If I ever buy anything on eBay I will make sure I buy it from a seller who offers 3 day handling time. . .

Message 243 of 266
latest reply

If you build a business around ebay discounts and free promos your business will forever be on shakey ground,build your business around yourself and it will never fail...

Message 244 of 266
latest reply

I'm FAR from going out of business

The point is I WON'T continue to jump thru the eBay hoops for 10%

It's a BUSINESS decision

Message 245 of 266
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

... just noticed this ...

chat.jpg

Must be because they don't want to hear all of the terrible things we have to say about the new update..

https://bio.link/langs
Message 246 of 266
latest reply

@*coins In regards to the Cancelled Weekly Chat wrote: Must be because they don't want to hear all of the terrible things we have to say about the new update..

Yes

Regards,
Message 247 of 266
latest reply

in your scenario your total costs have risen 14.375% for your final value bottom line
you were paying 7.20 on $100 which is 7.2%
you are now paying 8.235 on $100 which is 8.235% so
your new total cost for final value fee has increased 14.375%
That is not a small increase and it does not include your store fees for the year

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 248 of 266
latest reply

I use the listing form I get when I click on "sell" at the top of my ebay page.  If that's a "tool", then I guess I use one.  I never considered it a tool, but rather a form to fill out when listing.  There has to be some interface for listing and the form is fine with me.  I just don't want to be forced to use something else.  In my experience that 'new and improved' model will be nothing more than a bunch of big cartoony icons, wasted screen real estate. and more clicks/steps  to accomplish the same thing.

Message 249 of 266
latest reply

Also, I don't use ok like the seller hub, so I hope we won't be forced to use that either.

Message 250 of 266
latest reply

"use ok like" should read "use OR like"
Message 251 of 266
latest reply

This is very short-sighted of e-Bay.  I thought they were heading in the direction of faster ship times in order to compete with "the River".  This will have the opposite effect.  The "nail-in-the-coffin" could be the extra 4 percent they want from below standard sellers.  Most shouldn't even be here, as they are destroying all of our images.  This will be the downfall.

I just did the math and will also be dropping to 3 day shipping and 14 day returns.  It will mean less trips to the post office, scheduled USPS pick-ups, fewer returns, and less stress about ship times and number of items sold.

Message 252 of 266
latest reply

@tamaralea wrote:

This is very short-sighted of e-Bay.  I thought they were heading in the direction of faster ship times in order to compete with "the River".  This will have the opposite effect.  The "nail-in-the-coffin" could be the extra 4 percent they want from below standard sellers.  Most shouldn't even be here, as they are destroying all of our images.  This will be the downfall.

I just did the math and will also be dropping to 3 day shipping and 14 day returns.  It will mean less trips to the post office, scheduled USPS pick-ups, fewer returns, and less stress about ship times and number of items sold.

SAY what? ebay was trying to get sellers to ship FASTER with the new shipping metrics?

Ebay was trying to get sellers to not upload tracking then SIT on packages for 3 or 4 days before actually shipping?

Say it ain't so JOE, all the cheerleaders who bought this line from ebay, assured us that ebay was NOT trying to reduce TRS+ listings with those new shipping metrics ,but were trying to get items to buyers FASTER...Wonder how the cheerleaders will SPIN this TRS+ discount cut in half,leading many sellers to increase handling time as they feel it is NOT worth jumping through the HOOPS for 1 %... and will extend their handling time ,thereby SLOWING delivery times to buyers...

So is ebay  really trying to SPEED UP delivery times, or make MORE money? I'll let you guess which is really the case...Smiley Wink

Message 253 of 266
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@raquel_bayarea  Thanks for your several posts on this thread, at least compared to Bob you are showing a willinginess to engage.  The thread of his you mentioned I read a little over a week after it went live, commented once then I believe later commented that he as the OP had not been back to reply to anyone.  We all "get" the Andrew Carnegie type posting speak the eBay employees use with perhaps the exception of the eTeam (Alan, Trinton & Heidi) who engage with members on a more regular basis.  While my and other new Sellers' time here is a drop in the bucket compared to some who go all the way back to the 90s its not like we don't know anything about business.  I for one learned from a very good sales manager who in turn had learned from another very good sales manager that one of the axioms in business is that regardless of how bad things get you don't cut your sales force nor REDUCE their incentives.  At the time I was learning the sales end of business, and through example, we watched several other companies in our industry start to struggle and one of the first things they did was cut down their sales force which is the kiss of death for a business.  You see, until a sale is made NO business has been done, period.  And here is a key point, sales people are some of the most itelligent and highest paid people in the world, they are the front line for any organization, they know the pulse of their business better than upper management does.  Sales people don't design the product, they do not make the product, they do not install the product but by golly they have to know every single detail about the product AND the market place in order to be effective selling it.

So as I read through this thread and got involved I simply saw it for what it is, a company making the age old bad decision regarding sales by, in this case, REDUCING incentives.  Many replies here are from savvy sales people (AS WELL as Buyers) who know their business and what you have is eBay's Sales force pushing back against a wrong decision made by upper management.  While there may be a short term benefit to eBay financially with reducing the TRS discount the long term damage is obviously not apparent to them ... but have no fear, in time it will be.  And that is not a threat, that is just how business works ...  

@mr_lincoln Thank you for all the time you are taking to review the announcement and staying connected on the Community board and posts. This kind of engagement is exactly what helps us remain sharp on helping you succeed. 

Bob and many of our leadership will actually be participating in a live webinar this afternoon. I would encourage you to attend as he and the panel will be taking FAQs.  Go to the link below to register: link here

Keep selling and stay in touch with us. 

Message 254 of 266
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea wrote:  Thank you for all the time you are taking to review the announcement and staying connected on the Community board and posts. This kind of engagement is exactly what helps us remain sharp on helping you succeed. 

Bob and many of our leadership will actually be participating in a live webinar this afternoon. I would encourage you to attend as he and the panel will be taking FAQs.  Go to the link below to register: http://ebay.yourbrandlive.com/c/spring-seller-update 

Keep selling and stay in touch with us. 

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to reply.  Schedule permitting I will certainly look in on the Webinar.  And also, thank you for engaging on this thread.

Regards,
Message 255 of 266
latest reply