http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments///1488296012.html#

Message 1 of 266
latest reply
265 REPLIES 265

Re: TRS discount going from 20% to 10% on May 1st

If you read to the end of that, note it says:

"Limited third-party advertisements will continue to be displayed."

uh huh

I complained recently that every new book listing of mine at Ebay best price had a sponsored ad for the same book from Amazon's GIant BookDepository dot com at an impossibly low price. So just use us to front-end content for tiny click-through ad revenue?

I was told it was "to show Ebay has the best prices"

I eagerly await seeing how many of these limited ads will remain.

o_O

Message 196 of 266
latest reply

Addressed to the group at large:  I don't get 14% fees to Below Standards sellers. They aren't going to be around very long to pay 14% are they? Isn't Below Standards basically "don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out"?

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 197 of 266
latest reply

@digdawg the % to 20% for the promoted listing pays them more than the off site ads overall. maybe this is why they are doing this. 

i would "guess"they still want some offsite adds on to buffer. some are PPC some are PPV. 

Message 198 of 266
latest reply

Funny eBay says there listening to what the sellers are asking for we sellers know that's a lie... They don't ask us anything... Did I miss them asking me..How about quit charging a commission on frieght.. Another bright idea from eBay...Such a joke

Message 199 of 266
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@rainbowcolorz wrote:
I guess we're allowed to say things on this board that we're not allowed to say on the Selling board? Such as .... listing something .... somewhere over the rainbow?

Um, only if you haven't gotten on the wrong side of the drug used to treat bipolar disorder.  If you have, you will pay. Trust me on this one.  😉

I got on the wrong side and was bitten twice by that bug.  Oh wait, you said drug.  

Message 200 of 266
latest reply

Dear EBay, 

As a seller and business person I would rather have my 20% discount than the new 10% discount. Please reevaluate your decision. I would rather have the money in my pocket than having the promoted listings credit. The 20% discount was a very motivational tool to promote your brand. After all, we are your ambassadors in this marketplace.

Message 201 of 266
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz wrote:
@gsn13579, I believe you have that backwards.

@rainbowcolorz

Please enlighten me on what I have backwards, I have several posts on this thread?

Message 202 of 266
latest reply

@cjcustomcreations wrote:

My thoughts exactly,  "eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition." ............how in the world does this help anybody, and what Top Rated Seller asked to have  their discount cut by 10%? 

Maybe all the ones who don't post on the boards...the ones who sell in much higher volume/item price/do their own CS, etc....just a guess.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 203 of 266
latest reply

Helping sellers..Funny...Like charging commission on shipping cost.. That helps us I'm sure... Stupid
Message 204 of 266
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

"We have received feedback from Top Rated sellers that they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition..."

Please clarify what tools and options you are referring to that will help me grow my business.   The only "tool" I noticed concerned setting shipping rates, but I use the calculator with no problems, so this is useless for me.

How does tightening the TRS guidelines while lowering the discount help my business?

@raquel_bayarea

@fern*wood , Check the 2017 Spring Seller Update in Seller Center/Seller News for all the most recent updates. Below are a few quick references:

Seller Update Overview Pages:

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/index.html

http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Making-the-Connection-Our-Spring-Seller-Update-and-Pl...

1. Take advantage of promoted listings as we remove third party advertisements and a $30 credit to use towards promotions available to Top Rated Sellers. We will have some upcoming specials on Promotions Manager. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/listings-visibility.html

2. Making it easier for you to remain competitive in the shipping and returns experience you offer to customers with new shipping tools. This includes new shipping rate tables and work days/cut off time options. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/shipping-tools.html

Review Bob's post about the vision that includes our commitment to rewarding sellers delivering the best shipping/returns experience to buyers. "Our goal is to make shipping and returns easier for you to manage. We plan to roll out new tools that enable you to provide more accurate—and competitive—delivery time estimates."http://community.ebay.com/t5/eBay-for-Business/Our-2017-Game-Plan-for-Seller-Success/ba-p/26582650

i hope top rated plus sellers with the free promoted listings make about 23% more sales than we do know to ebay the difference is trs plus fvf drop

im sure u wil 🙂

Message 205 of 266
latest reply

@z50com remeber karate kid, how the old guy taught him to put his hands together and breate in as he brings his hands to his chest ande then his hand go up and so on.... yep im doing that now too lol

we can do it together so we both feel better ...woosaa

Message 206 of 266
latest reply

Thank you for directing me to this post of Bob Kupbens.

In essence, it's an interesting plan. It basically comes down to increase sales (for sellers). But, this also means an increase for eBay (even if you maintain the 20%). In other words, I don't see a justificationfor the 20% to 10% drop.

Or did Bob forget to mention " this comes at a cost" ? Meaning, eBay doesn't want to pay for these costs and prefer to get it straight out of the "seller-pocket".

If so, you may discuss if it is fair.

However, it would also imply, these costs are temporarily. As a seller you may fairly wonder (better said : expect) : if this target is met, will the cut be undone ?

If eBay won't undo this "cut" later, I see it pure as an solely eBay-driven target, in order to increase the position of eBay as a marketplace (while the sellers directly have to "fund" this). In other words, it's not a direct target for the sellers, but for eBay.

Exactly in such case you should wonder : who should pay for it ?

Message 207 of 266
latest reply

I want to know exactly how cutting my discount in half that I bust my hump for is a tool to help me grow.

Message 208 of 266
latest reply

@*heather_lee* wrote:
I suppose that would be both accurate & true if selling on eBay was the only business selling experience that "qualified" someone to know something of what they speak of.
No, I am not an eBay seller nor a "TRS". However, it has been my *business experience* that packages which are not properly "checked in" with a shipping company are the bane of business for both the seller AND the customer.

Well Heather I have 20 years worth of experiencing selling HERE. I can count on 1 hand the number of packages that have been lost and every one of them was given directly to the USPS, NONE were simply left on the counter. Thus, based on my experience I would say a scan has no bearing on the ability of a package being lost, in fact it seems to increase the potential. This also includes packages before tracking even existed! Yes, packages actually got delivered safely without tracking. This would be based on well over 10,000 pkgs, ebay doesn't even have my actual transaction number since it pre-dates their individual account record keeping by many years.

Message 209 of 266
latest reply

1. Take advantage of promoted listings as we remove third party advertisements and a $30 credit to use towards promotions available to Top Rated Sellers. We will have some upcoming specials on Promotions Manager. Details: http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2017spring/listings-visibility.html

This claim by ebay fails to reveal the fact that single quantity listings don't currently qualify for promoted listings. So this credit certainly doesn't make up for the discount removal if a seller specializes in individual items. What's going to happen to the listings by those single item quantity sellers, I'm guessing they'll be buried in order to accomodate the large number of promoted listings. How can ebay possibly give exposure to the number of TRS seller listings using this credit without making a mess of search pages?! There are probably hundreds of thousands of TRS sellers. Should be interesting.

Message 210 of 266
latest reply