cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers Please Stand Up for your Rights Ebay is Hurting our Bottom Line Again!

I have been an ebay seller for years and this is just plain CORPORATE GREED.  I can not tell you how ashamed I am of what they are doing to us, the sellers.  Ebay now reports your end of the years totals to the government if over a certain amount they say.  I am not a business.  I am someone selling off my collectibles I have sweated over for years, paid top dollars, selling them pennies on the dollar.  The government is now taking 33 percent of your profits.  Ebay every year makes it harder and harder for the top rated sellers.  They are trying to eliminate them basically.  This new change is a slap in the face once again for the sellers.  We lose so much money from scam artist buyers, and the sellers have zero protection.  No matter what happens Ebay is in the buyers favor always.  I have had many cases over the years and have lost money.  Ebay continutes to take any profits more and more from the sellers.  It gets worse every year.  You no longer receive any promotional sales help.  They have basically eliminated free listings for their sellers.  Use to be 100 free then went to 50.  Use to get promo emails none now...listing are thirty cents a pop.  Wonder why people do not list their items when ebay and paypal and the government it taking almost half your money on your items you paid way more for to begin with when you purchased those items.  I am hurt that Ebay does not respect their sellers, who make this a WEBSITE!  Without sellers you have nothing, yet ebay tries to hurt their sellers more and more.  China and Hong Kong ect are out of control.  I buy items for discounted prices and never get them.  Months go by and ebay winds up refunding the seller, but China and Hong Kong close up shop and collect all the sellers money and skip out on ebay.  Ebay loses also.  I understand that.  But the good sellers have to pay for the bad ones I guess.  Is that the reason Ebay raises their profits with every change?  I am just lost as to why they hurt the sellers so bad.  PLEASE EBAY LISTEN TO US AND STOP LYING TO US!  You update specifically says this..."

Why is eBay making these changes?

eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition."

HOW is this helping sellers?  It is helping ebays profits only.  Charging sellers more money and making it harder standards to sell helps us grow our business? 

STOP ebay.  Help the sellers profit.  Stop the CORPORATE GREED.  You need us, we soon will not need your. I just need to pay medical bills off and I am having a harder and harder time doing that thanks to ebay taking more and more profits and now the government intervention.  Sad EBAY, learn to respect your sellers.

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Sellers Please Stand Up for your Rights Ebay is Hurting our Bottom Line Again!

Ebay is not a charity. If they work for you, use them. If they do not work for you then stop. They don't owe you a living. They don't owe you cheap fees.

There are many things they could do better, but the financials are what they are.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

Re: Sellers Please Stand Up for your Rights Ebay is Hurting our Bottom Line Again!

Please don't make me defend ebay.  BUT you really need to get good information and not pass along fallacies.

1. Ebay does not report ANYTHING to the government unless they subpoena your records.  It's Paypal that reports and it's only if you have 200 transactions AND $20,000 in payments.

2. Are you selling using an ebay store? WHY NOT!? If you get the middle level store you get 1000 Fixed Price listings included the subscription and 500 auctions and NONE of those cost $.30... (yet)

as for the standards, and the discount, every venue has rules.    The tracking standard is 90% and moving up to 95%.  It isn't that hard to hit that if you ship on a timely basis and if you can't do one day handling change ALL your handling time to 2 or 3 days and then ship on one.  Delight your customers !

But stop throwling Baloney around

Woadieland
DepressionGlassWarehouse
ebay seller since it was AuctionWeb
Message 17 of 34
latest reply

You have NO "rights". The only right you have is the right NOT to sell on eBay, or to sell on eBay (if you follow and agree to the rules).That's it.

As usual, eBay knows that most who threaten to leave, won't leave. Just as before, during all the changes and fee increases throughout the years, most never left.

And they won't leave again.

Enjoy.

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

I say at least half of these replies are Ebay employees. EBay protects sellers 0% yet fees go up and up. How bout some discounts every now and then? 

Blah blah blah Ebay.  how bout feedback for buyers? No that's unreasonable cause that makes eBay lose money. Thanks for the love eBay how much do we owe you

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

Half of these posts are Ebay employees? Common rallying cry by people who cannot understand that other people may have different opinions. To be followed shortly by a cry that these people have no feedback for sales and should not be allowed to say anything in a public forum.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

As far as Ebay & Pay Pal fees are concerned, I profit a heck of a lot more on Ebay that I do on my Brick & Motar Store. With that I have to pay a lot more overhead than I do here. Ebay is just like leaving the tip if you compare the both.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

I agree.  I have had my store for nearly 10 years and it is very disappointingly to see the annual changes that stick it to the sellers.  Its not just about the fees.  Years ago the big change was to offer free shipping and watch your listing visibility soar.  What a crock!  That's just one example.  If I have technical issue with a listing, they wont fix it, just relist and lose 5 years of selling history.  I have some great US Made products that dont have UPC's, so that will end soon.  I'm sure my store is much smaller than many, but I pay at least $250 a month in fees.  It would be nice to have eBay listen and truly want to help the seller.  Its not Amazon, its never going to be Amazon.  It doest need to be.  If this keeps up, I will have to be content using eBay as a marketing tool for my other sites and not worry about it being a profit center. 

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

They do not care about our bottom line only thier own bottom line. like any other corporate entity.

Message 23 of 34
latest reply

Dear Letmefindpeacelord

You're wrong.  Check this out straight from paypal's website. (url included)

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/common-1099-and-tax-related-questions-faq3405

Woadieland
DepressionGlassWarehouse
ebay seller since it was AuctionWeb
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

@mygranite1012013 wrote:

I say at least half of these replies are Ebay employees.

LOL, this is the forum's version of Godwin's Law.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

The proposed changes make clear management sees no long term path forward for the eBay business model. They understand that USPS will finally be taken out under the current administration and, with it, any hopes for eBay.

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

@tuxc wrote:

The proposed changes make clear management sees no long term path forward for the eBay business model. They understand that USPS will finally be taken out under the current administration and, with it, any hopes for eBay.

What? USPS is going nowhere. Where did you get such an idea?

Citations please.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@tuxc wrote:

Citations please.

Citations are so 2016. Alternative facts rule!

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@tuxc wrote:

Citations please.

USPS is closing up shop the same day the sky falls - and to read these boards it will be very soon.

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

I agree with this post,ebay sent me a survey of what I would like to see changed to be a Top Rated seller. Tiny sellers such as myself don't qualify,I don't sell a 100 items per year, a 50 item miniumn tied to total value is a better approach. With the new 2017 seller update I have no incentive to once again become Top Rated, 20% becomes 10% discount so why bother.I had a one day ship time I'm going back to two days or longer. Tired of providing great service and getting NOTHING in return. E-bay Keep the corporate GREED wheels spinning,more sellers will leave your site.

Message 30 of 34
latest reply