cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance standard change

My concern and questoins relate to the tracking upload/validation change from 90% to 95%.

If everything goes well, this does not see like a big deal.  I strive for 100% as promised in my listings.

However, there are times that things just don't work like that.

1. I currently have a late shipment/scan transaction that has brought down my percentage.  Customer support has finally admitted that there is a problem on their side and the tracking information didn't get captured on time and caused the late shipment to be recorded on my account.  Even though I can clearly see the ship on time, tracking validated on time right on the order details page,  transation is held against me as a late shipment and CS tells me that it cannot be removed and I should not "worry" about it and to call back if it causes me to lose TRS.

2.  We live in an area that has been hit with some severe winter weather and my carrier has been unable to get to my street on several occassions this winter.  Of course these are minor weather issues that cause me grief but are not serious enough to affect a widespread area.  I was able to hike 1 mile (with packages) to meet the carrier but this is just an example of weather or things out of our control affecting that upload time.

Severe weather, floods ( even in San Jose) happen.  We can do our best but sometimes things happen.

3.  Saturday, I shipped about 30 packages and the carrier picked them up (all orders from Friday afternoon to Saturday afternoon) but it was a new carrier and some of the packages did not record a scan until Sunday afternoon.  Why? I have no reason.  I watched the carrier pick up the packages.  I shipped on Saturday to get a jump on things and I have to worry that they will be counted against me because the scan was not on time? 

4.  Low volume sellers do not seem to have much leeway when it comes to losing top rated seller for late scans or no uploads.  Is this 95% going to unfairly disadvantage smaller sellers?  Is it really going to take only one or two late scans to bump a low volume seller out of trs?  

Ebay, Can you discuss how this is going to work and help me understand this new metric?

Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Re: Performance standard change

@wood0405

So you are confirming that when the tracking # is uploaded (when I print labels on eBay that auto imputs tracking) it is over and done and I receive an ontime shipping status.

How about the ones that does not show scanned by the PO that we have no control over?  I have seen my PM and my carrier scan the item and it never shows it was ever accepted until it actaully arrived at its destination and two days late because the PO sent that package around the city 3 times within a two miles from the delivering PO. 

The On-time shipping states that if there is no delivery within the estimated delivery date and the customer does not provide eBay that it was on-time the look at the following: Is this not the same thing stating it has to be uploaded within your handling time "and" scanned within your handling time?

Thanks for your clarification: I will be awaiting your response.

$$$ Always believe that you will succeed at whatever you do! $$$
Message 91 of 120
latest reply

@golfingaddict Sounds like the one I have  which eBay shows only "label created" though both PP & USPS show it's in Chicago. Guessing I'll get a late shipment ding on that one too.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 92 of 120
latest reply

Since my post was locked and I was redirected to come here, here's my post/question.

Since the tracking upload requirements will be changing for TRS, will sellers be able to have late scores removed like they can with the On-Time shipping metric when the buyer requested the delay?

The 10% was touted as giving a buffer for such situations.  Now the upload requirement % is more in line with the on-time metric (97%) which does remove the late mark.

Message 93 of 120
latest reply

I just got off the phone with Anchor store line regarding these changes, I knew it was useless, but wanted to politely express my feelings. The answer to your question is, ebay is a very lazy company. I have told this to their CSR's many times. They hold you to every conceivable little detail, but when they screw up, they throw their hands in the air. I realize they can't police millions of transactions, but they have form answers for every question so they don't have to involve any effort. I love ebay, but they could care less about sellers. If they everr have legitimate competition, things could change, but only then. They could not answer, what exactly is my incentive to be a top rated seller at this point?

Message 94 of 120
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

Since my post was locked and I was redirected to come here, here's my post/question.

Since the tracking upload requirements will be changing for TRS, will sellers be able to have late scores removed like they can with the On-Time shipping metric when the buyer requested the delay?

The 10% was touted as giving a buffer for such situations.  Now the upload requirement % is more in line with the on-time metric (97%) which does remove the late mark.

@lintbrush*

So happy you asked this, I ask it all the time
Trinton , Griff, Leadership everyone keeps telling me thats our buffer for things like this
I insist  that % it is for me incase of  power outage, illness, emergency
Not to accommodate my buyers request!!!
I read & post to alot of the boards & do you have any idea how many posters on just the M2M board tell sellers , nope tell buyers to place mail on hold via post office or you have to cancel ( That's a great buying experience now isn't it? )

I really think the powers to be at ebay have no idea how often it happens, and then what if you have a multi purchase?
This is a very strong point they need to look into since they are upping the standard for uploading tracking to 95%

Message 95 of 120
latest reply

I have 2 late shipments on my record right now that were caused by Paypal! I used Paypal shipping labels because Ebay was having issues and were unable to print the labels. Paypal printed them and I shipped them on time however Paypal never downloaded the tracking to Ebay so Ebay says I shipped it late! Can I get that removed?????

Message 96 of 120
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@lintbrush* wrote:

@lintbrush*

So happy you asked this, I ask it all the time
Trinton , Griff, Leadership everyone keeps telling me thats our buffer for things like this
I insist  that % it is for me incase of  power outage, illness, emergency
Not to accommodate my buyers request!!!
I read & post to alot of the boards & do you have any idea how many posters on just the M2M board tell sellers , nope tell buyers to place mail on hold via post office or you have to cancel ( That's a great buying experience now isn't it? )

I really think the powers to be at ebay have no idea how often it happens, and then what if you have a multi purchase?
This is a very strong point they need to look into since they are upping the standard for uploading tracking to 95%

@labs118 and @lintbrush*

Yes, if there is a miss in your Tracking requirement and you have details otherwise that indicate you uploaded the tracking number on time and also that the tracking number is scanned, we review requests. We accept this today. 

More about the Top Rated calculations and how to resolve a miss can be found here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-non-performance.html

Message 97 of 120
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea

Oh Boy your really missing it .

you are confusing the 2 metrics
Leadership confirmed to me a year ago that they do not have programming  to remove late tracking uploads and as a result that is part of why they give the 10% as a buffer
ebay cannot repeat cannot remove late upload as a result of your buyers request.
They can remove late shipment & have been doing that since the fall 2105 seller update brought about these requirements

Please  don't confuse sellers more then they already are

Message 98 of 120
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea

That's not what I asked.  I'm asking about Buyer Requested Shipping Delays

If a buyer requests, through eBay contact, a delay in shipment because they are out of town or whatever, the mark against the On Time Shipping requirement qualifies for removal. 

However, the mark against the tracking upload requirement does not qualify for removal for a buyer requested delay.  

Now that the upload tracking requirement percentage will be changed from 90% to 95%, will upload tracking issues that affects the percentage also qualify for removal if the seller can show the buyer asked for the delay?

Message 99 of 120
latest reply

@lintbrush* Thank you for clarifying. 

To prevent misses in your Tracking requirement when a buyer is requesting a delay in shipping the item, still create a label and upload the tracking number on eBay within your stated handling time. As long as we capture a carrier scan at some point during the delivery process, the tracking number will be validated. The calculation for the Tracking requirement only uses the carrier scan for validation, not for uploading the tracking number on time.

Message 100 of 120
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea wrote:

To prevent misses in your Tracking requirement when a buyer is requesting a delay in shipping the item, still create a label and upload the tracking number on eBay within your stated handling time. As long as we capture a carrier scan at some point during the delivery process, the tracking number will be validated. The calculation for the Tracking requirement only uses the carrier scan for validation, not for uploading the tracking number on time.

I seriously think you guys are in over your heads with these answers.  What if a buyer asks to hold a package 2 weeks?  USPS doesn't want package labels printed and held past their dates like that.

Message 101 of 120
latest reply

@Anonymous

You closed this thread [link is below] and want posters to come to this thread and post on the subject, but the subjects are not the same.  This thread is about the Seller Update and changes to the performance standards.  That is NOT what the below thread was about.  While I know the OP started the thread under the heading of being about the Seller Update, it really isn't about that.  Please advise. 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Spring-Seller-Update/The-Tracking-Requirement-Is-Not-Fair-to-Sellers-Who-Routinely/m-p/26683103/highlight/false

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 102 of 120
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea

@raquel_bayarea wrote:

Oh I'm really sure the carrier will disagree with that !!
You can't print off a USPS label and hold it for a week
That is really not good advice and some of the advice I am seeing hear worries me for any new sellers reading the ebay employees answers

Message 103 of 120
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea wrote:
...  when a buyer is requesting a delay in shipping the item, still create a label and upload the tracking number on eBay within your stated handling time. As long as we capture a carrier scan at some point during the delivery process, the tracking number will be validated. ...

@raquel_bayarea  That's no going to work if the buyer requests a delay of more than 3 days.  

USPS policy is that you must ship the package on the date that is printed on the label. The label preparation form allows sellers to pick a shipping date up to 3 days in advance.  Many PO's will accept a package with a date that's "stale" by a day or two.  But they don't have to.   And your proposed strategy will not work when a buyer requests a delay of several days or a week.

Message 104 of 120
latest reply

@raquel_bayarea

But I can't purchase a label dated more than 3 days out.  I had a buyer request delayed shipment for 9 days.  I was more than happy to honor their request, but my tracking upload % takes a hit.

Here's the policy regarding tracking upload for TRS

Tracking requirements:
You've uploaded valid shipment tracking to My eBay within your promised handling time for at least 90% of transactions with US buyers in the last 3 months.

1 business day handling time: If a buyer pays on Tuesday, you need to upload tracking by 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time on Wednesday.

It is different than the On-Time acceptance scan.   In the 2015 Fall Seller Update FAQs, buyer requested delays were addressed and stated that the late shipment mark will be removed. 

I was able to get that mark removed for my On-Time shipping metric, but it does not get removed for Tracking Upload requirement which now sits at 98% because I provided good customer service. 

Message 105 of 120
latest reply