cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will eBay consider a store between Premium and Anchor?

When I read the announcement today, my first reaction was to wonder how many other sellers are in my boat. I usually have between 3500-4000 items up at one time and now must decide whether to spend $120 a month more and "upgrade" my business or spend $120 a month less and "downgrade" my business. In reading some of the early comments, looks like I am not the only one. My guess is many are strongly considering the downgrade option.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Exactly.. this is absurd... I have 2500 give or take .. its either pay $120 more per month or downgrade.. which is STILL a rate hike at .10 per listing for my "extra" 1500 .. this is just awful.. and that they have the temerity to call this " a benefit" just makes me ill... we getting squeezed at all sides.. PPal rates went up from 2.3% to 2.9... postage is WAY up.. and now ebay fees are up.. my taxes are up.. and I have a nice juicy fine because I cant afford to insure myself.. where does it all end... ?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@m1goblu wrote:

Exactly.. this is absurd... I have 2500 give or take .. its either pay $120 more per month or downgrade.. which is STILL a rate hike at .10 per listing for my "extra" 1500 .. this is just awful.. and that they have the temerity to call this " a benefit" just makes me ill... we getting squeezed at all sides.. PPal rates went up from 2.3% to 2.9... postage is WAY up.. and now ebay fees are up.. my taxes are up.. and I have a nice juicy fine because I cant afford to insure myself.. where does it all end... ?

And from what I have been told it looks like the monthly free listings are gone also, so this is a nice fee hike because Ebay has had at least 4 straight current year vs prior year quarters decrease in revenues which had never happened in company history.  They need to increase revenues and think this is going to do it.  What they don't realize is that a good number of Anchor stores are going to now downgrade to Premium and aren't going to spend the extra $0.10 per listing fee that ebay is counting on.  Ebay is trying hard to restore revenues by charging listing fees again (disguised as a store increase), eliminating the free listings that had been committed since the 10% FVF on shipping was instituted and thinking that all will be fine.  

Well produce the type of traffic that Ebay used to and I will be glad to pay the listing fees.  My sell through rate was close to 80-85% back when I started so I didn't mind paying the listing fees.  But when you list 1000 items and sell only 50 it kind of makes it hard to justify an extra $100 just for listings.  I have no problem paying the FVF nor do I have a problem with the store, but when you take the free listings that were committed to ALL sellers for the 10% FVF and give them to basically just the Anchor Stores, its just not right!!  

Here is the response I got when I asked the blue about the free listings.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/2016-Spring-Seller-Update/Seller-fees/m-p/25408027#M138

This just follows the trend of pushing the smaller sellers out the door as Ebay wants only the Mega Dealers so they can cut costs as these people don't cause issues with fraudulent returns, unwarranted defects because Ebays contract with them does not include the same defect system that ours does.  

I wonder how much Target, Best Buy and the Thrift Book Store with 9 different names with tons of duplicate listings that never get them suspended pay for listing fees.  My guess is either nothing or a very minute number compared to the millions of listings they have.

JMHO

David

Twnpopcards

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@m1goblu wrote:

At least with the downgrade, the 1500 listings plus the premium store on a yearly subscription will be $210 per month - much better than $300.

Plus, it provides incentive to sell off slow moving inventory, and maintain your listings at a lower level.

I am planning to reduce my listings - my goal is 2000 so that my total fees go down.  I eliminated 50 or so today, so about 200 to go.

Sue

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply