cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition description vs item description

As a seller of vintage and OOAK items, I make extensive use of the condition decription field, which is separate from the item description, at least in Turbo Lister.

I am referring to the verbage that appears in italics just below the bold "ITEM CONDITION" heading on the page.  We are admonished to include all damage, etc, in that space.

Currently I simply copy and paste the same language I have used in the body of the description to descibe the condition of the item (chips, scratches, etc) as opposed to the item itself - size, color, pattern, etc.  In many cases, this is the most important part of the item description.

How will the item condition entry affect our limited character count?   Will it be shown on mobile devices?  

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts....
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Condition description vs item description

@di25535 wrote:

As a seller of vintage and OOAK items, I make extensive use of the condition decription field, which is separate from the item description, at least in Turbo Lister.

I am referring to the verbage that appears in italics just below the bold "ITEM CONDITION" heading on the page.  We are admonished to include all damage, etc, in that space.

Currently I simply copy and paste the same language I have used in the body of the description to descibe the condition of the item (chips, scratches, etc) as opposed to the item itself - size, color, pattern, etc.  In many cases, this is the most important part of the item description.

How will the item condition entry affect our limited character count?   Will it be shown on mobile devices?  

FWTW, when I view a listing (not my own) on my iphone, I do see the item condition entry, but it's not called that.

The item condition entry has been retitled on my mobile as "Seller notes" and there is a Read More link, if the text entered by the seller exceeds some maximum number of characters.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply