cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The cost of selling on Ebay

I had returned to selling  again to find such a big surprize increase in costs and fee's from just a few short years back

Also I understand without Buyers we cant sell, But I see where sellers are not being taken care of as well as

a few years back . I am starting to think the small seller is being drove out of using Ebay with higher fees from

selling to recieving payments , If you have trouble with a buyer who wins your listing and does not pay there is

no way to warn other seller's the feedback system is a problem and a joke for a seller . If a Buyer earned a Neg he should

recieve one so others can judge for themselfes or there should be a buyer rating system for only sellers to view when

dealing with some people. I have seen nothing to help sellers warn other sellers we need more protection . the return

system should also not be what is starting to looking like almost a lifelong return agreement which is going to hurt a lot of markets.

I can see now where others are looking at other areas to sell. I have been with ebay for many years but I have to say

being a small seller here is just about not worth it any more.   Thats just my thoughts and it just may be me just wanted

got get that off my chest.                  mike

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: The cost of selling on Ebay

Totally agree eBay is so greedy they just keep raising fees which is not fair to sellers ! It's hard enough to make any money and now even harder I may have to sell my items somewhere else
Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Greedy just greedy I may have to move on and sell somewhere else it was already hard enough to make money and even harder now
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

Greed thats what all ready hard enough to make any money and with fees going up its going to get even harder 😞 we do all the work and they get the money I may have to move on and sell somewhere else cause at times I'm losing money with all these fees 😞
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Totally agree way to many fee increases for me to make any money and then they in courage sellers to do free shipping and priority mail just had a huge increase I can't make enough money with the fees and free shipping and can't raise your price cause u got sellers giving there stuff away with free shipping 😞
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

I think it would also help is eBay stopped limiting views on our items. I used to get hundreds of views and competitive bidding for my items. Now they limit and have "blackout" moments that our items aren't even being seen. I now sell on two different accounts trying to see if that helps my profit. Ugh.
Message 20 of 32
latest reply

@dna_retail_collectables wrote:
I think it would also help is eBay stopped limiting views on our items. I used to get hundreds of views and competitive bidding for my items. Now they limit and have "blackout" moments that our items aren't even being seen. I now sell on two different accounts trying to see if that helps my profit. Ugh.

It's not in Ebays best interest to do any "blackouts" as that lowers their potential revenue, which is why they are raising fees.  We all used to get hundreds of views on our items, but that was before there was as much competition and back when Ebay had much higher traffic.  

There are many millions of buyers who left ebay for various reasons including having their selling accounts closed.  With that happening the number of people even looking at Ebay dropped.  Then add in the Google slap that knocked Ebay items off of the front pages of their searches and you have dramatically lower traffic, hence fewer views.

JMHO

David

Twnpopcards

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

No views...No watchers..No buyers...No promos.

Are they trying to go out of business or have someome buy them?

This is the worse it has been since I have been on here for so many years

Someone at this helm better start steering this ship...FAST.

REGARDS

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Between eBay and Paypal it cost me 15% to make a sale of an $800 bag. I am not a store, just wanting to get rid of some items I no longer use or need. I now have a $4,500 watch listed, recieved a scam offer to buy at full asking within 10 minutes, and immediatly investigated only to find a false address and telephone number! And eBay want to wait 10 days to confirm the order is cancelled!! I hope this issue gets resolved quickly, I will never list on EBay again, at this level of service charge, I would rather trade in the watch with a reputable store and get something else. The cost will be the same.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

You are so right. The exposure to buyers appears to be rotated. I used to be a Silver seller. My sales have dropped by thousands of dollars while fees have increased so much. I was hoping this ebay would be my partime retirement job but now I am wondering?

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

Same here. I know when I get esposure and when I am in the rotating cycle. A day or 2 I get lots of view and a few sales and then a day or 2 nothing. I send ebay messages all the time. We need to do that alot over and over. 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

They should outsource like they used to instead of doing it inhouse. They don't have the same capacity therefore rolling expossure.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

I dont think Google will allow a company to get paid for clicks & advertise products at the same time.    It would explain why your views are all over the map. 

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

"Most businesses which do not change over time do not survive"

That is the stupidest thing that I ever heard, drinking my wine from 1934... Eating my cheese....

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

Can you name a business that has been around since 1934 that hasn't changed?

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

I will be LOOSING the TRS disount after 15 years of jumping through hoops on this site. NO 30 day return policy for this seller. All you people need to understand, that with Ebay, Its all about the bottom line = PROFIT for the shareholders. ON top of raising fees more then it would cost me every month to rent a brick and motar storfront, Ebay wants to keep that 20% discount sellers earn and work so hard to get now as well.  Ebay could care less about the sellers or the buyers for that  matter. ITS all about the profit at the end of every quarter that they show to their shareholders and wall street. Ebay could care less about the LONG time sellers who have been getting the TRS seller 20% discount for well over 10 years. Beause they want that back now. Ebay wants to keep the hard working sellers hard earned money, all because of GREED and their wall street shares showing a profit. I already took over half a million dollars worth of items off Ebay directly due to this 30 day return policy or else NEW rule. There is no way that I can have leather goods with a 30 day return policy. Many sellers simply cannot do this due to buyers using NEW items for 30 days, then returning them used or destroyed, claiming they are damaged or not working. Ebay treats their sellers horrible. Its just a loose loose situation on here.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply