Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
199 REPLIES 199

Re: It's here! Spring 2016 Seller Update

@mycheaperstuff wrote:

@prefontained wrote:

Just starting to read through, but this made me chuckle:

• We’ve heard from thousands of sellers who want to promote the eBay brand and grow their business on eBay. Shipping your items with the eBay logo on tape, boxes or mailers is a great way to drive consumer awareness about your eBay business and drive traffic back to eBay, which helps you and other eBay sellers. Sellers have also told us that the eBay logo creates an impression of value.

And because eBay-branded shipping supplies are produced in large quantities, you can buy these premium-quality shipping materials at very competitive prices.

I guess they mean creates an impression of value that says "steal me"!

The most disturbing word is "impression"...  

So Ebay listens to thousands of sellers to create this method to spread the Ebay brand but disregards the other millions of sellers who aren't interested in this but ARE interested in Ebay fixing the site so it works without constant glitches.  Ebay wants to be so much like Amazon - well I know if I had as hard of a time buying on Amazon as our customers have buying from us, I sure would not be buying on Amazon!!

EBAY - listen to your millions of sellers that you keep kicking to the curb because you only want the Big Stores and China.  I can just see Target or Best Buy shipping their products out in Ebay branded boxes!!

David

Twnpopcards

Message 166 of 200
latest reply

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

Wow, David, they charge me and don't upload - I was thinking of closing that accout - now I think I'll just call! Thanks for the info!

Just saw this message, glad I could be of some help on this.  I aboslutely love using Stamps.com Ebay account, especially since I can print labels through out the day and then print just 1 scan sheet which Ebay does not allow me to do.  My mail carrier loves only getting 1 scan sheet instead of 2 or 3 per day!!

David

Twnpopcards

Message 167 of 200
latest reply

Well.  After they rolled out the UPC requirement changes etc. in Feb everybody's sales / views / watcher numbers tanked. I just started to crawl out of the basement this past week.  So now they're going to do these new changes for mobile optimization etc. I guess it will be back to the basement.

Sigh.

Message 168 of 200
latest reply

The return rate requirement is very unfair to sellers in the clothing catagory.   How many times have you taken 10 items into a dressing room (all in your size) and end up buying one...maybe one, if the style was as flattering as you throught it would be.   When buyers purchase clothing, they receive it at their in-home dressing room and often decide it wasn't as flattering as they thought it would be or possibly the wrong size, color, length, etc.   Returns are a very normal thing in the clothing catagory.    This is already a hassle that clothing sellers must deal with, not to mention eBay coming in and penalizing us for what is usually out of our control.

I sell a lot of wedding attire, and we all know how picky brides and bridesmaids can be.  I often have requests to order a variety of different sizes in order to have a selection to choose from.  Of course, the sizes that don't work out are returned.   I've been fine with offering this option in order to provide excellent customer service.  However, now I'm getting dinged for working with my buyers to get the sizes they need (and want to choose from).   Seriously?

I just had a buyer order two of the same coat, in different sizes, this morning because she wasn't sure which size she needed.  It's a hard to find coat, so she didn't want to  miss out on it by only ordering one and possibly having to exchange it, only to find the other size might have sold.   Am I really supposed to tell my customers I can't allow this because eBay is going to count this (going the extra mile to provide flexible customer service) against me????

Really?   This requirement is really unfair in the clothing catagory, and I'm sure there are other similar cagtagories that need to be considered as well. 

Very frustated.......

Deb

Message 169 of 200
latest reply

klassycollections11 wrote:

The return rate requirement is very unfair to sellers in the clothing catagory.   How many times have you taken 10 items into a dressing room (all in your size) and end up buying one...maybe one, if the style was as flattering as you throught it would be.   When buyers purchase clothing, they receive it at their in-home dressing room and often decide it wasn't as flattering as they thought it would be or possibly the wrong size, color, length, etc.   Returns are a very normal thing in the clothing catagory.    This is already a hassle that clothing sellers must deal with, not to mention eBay coming in and penalizing us for what is usually out of our control.

I sell a lot of wedding attire, and we all know how picky brides and bridesmaids can be.  I often have requests to order a variety of different sizes in order to have a selection to choose from.  Of course, the sizes that don't work out are returned.   I've been fine with offering this option in order to provide excellent customer service.  However, now I'm getting dinged for working with my buyers to get the sizes they need (and want to choose from).   Seriously?

I just had a buyer order two of the same coat, in different sizes, this morning because she wasn't sure which size she needed.  It's a hard to find coat, so she didn't want to  miss out on it by only ordering one and possibly having to exchange it, only to find the other size might have sold.   Am I really supposed to tell my customers I can't allow this because eBay is going to count this (going the extra mile to provide flexible customer service) against me????

Really?   This requirement is really unfair in the clothing catagory, and I'm sure there are other similar cagtagories that need to be considered as well. 

Very frustated.......

Deb

Excellent point ... what might make sense for that Return Rate portion of Seller Ratings is perhaps different percentages for diffrent categories ... in the case of the coats (or other manufactuered clithing) sizes are NOT all the same and will vary a little froom one maker to the next ... I've experienced this myself with certain apparel ... so the coat buyer in your case could wind up getting the two coats only to find NEITHER of them fit ... and I mean DO NOT FIT and not that the Buyer does not like them.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 170 of 200
latest reply

@klassycollections11 wrote:

Very frustated.......

Deb

@klassycollections11

Not that it effects me, but did I miss something in the Sellers Update about Return Rate Requirements?  I know that Ebay has recently begun tracking return % and many of us stated that we were wondering when something was going to come of it, but I did not see anything in the Sellers Update regarding this.  Did I just overlook it because I was focussed on the cost increases and the fact that Ebay seems to not want the smaller sellers?   Just wondering as I looked again and I still am not seeing it.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 171 of 200
latest reply

I can't find anything either. Am hoping klassy was referring to 30 day requirement for the fvf discount.

Message 172 of 200
latest reply

Can't recall where I saw the post, but a blue did mention it was basically a 'data gathering' exercise. Presumably if they Do bring it in they'll have data that shows certain cats should have a higher "allowed" return rate.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 173 of 200
latest reply

@amazingarts wrote:

@*eponymous* wrote:

There is no such thing as "Sterling Silver plated".

There is no such thing as Plated Karat Gold, platinum, or any other precious metal.

Those are commecial terms intended to deceive the general public into buying garbage.

There is NO PLATED OR FILLED METAL THAT IS CLASSIFIED AS PRECIOUS METAL!

I intend to take a hard look at the law regarding misrepresentation of precious metals and stones and will absolutely report eBay's unfair business practices to the FTC and US Attorney General over this new jewelry policy that REQUIRES CHINESE SELLERS TO LIST THEIR JUNK JEWELRY IN THE FINE JEWELRY CATEGORIES.

Somebody at eBay best take notice and get this c bleep ap fixed for the jewelry categories before I can do some research.  I kid you not, eBay.   Somebody at eBay better GET ON THE STICK!

I agree with you 100%

But, reporting ebay will do absolutely nothing. zip. nada.

This is yet another trickle down consequence of our Government selling out American jobs and interests to foreign countries.

Ebay is just another corporation taking advantage of whats allowed. 

Do not think for a minute the ebay legal team did not fully research this move already.

Really want to change things?

Take the anger you feel right now, and vote for people who are saying they will fix this unfair favoritism to everything anti America  November 3rd.

Rally you friends and neighbors

Do we continue to bow to  China?.....or are WE ready to STAND as the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

Its time to stand and fight.

Im with ya. Vote Bernie.

Message 174 of 200
latest reply

@twnpopcards wrote:

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

Wow, David, they charge me and don't upload - I was thinking of closing that accout - now I think I'll just call! Thanks for the info!

Just saw this message, glad I could be of some help on this.  I aboslutely love using Stamps.com Ebay account, especially since I can print labels through out the day and then print just 1 scan sheet which Ebay does not allow me to do.  My mail carrier loves only getting 1 scan sheet instead of 2 or 3 per day!!

David

Twnpopcards

Stamps.com is the best move I ever made shipping wise,never down time like ebay has NOW 1:05 EST, EXCELLENT knowlegdeable courteous customer service,all in all a great company to deal and work with!

Message 175 of 200
latest reply

Thanks again both David and GSN!  I just wish they had weekend hours. Tried to call today - will have to wait until Monday... 

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 176 of 200
latest reply

@klassycollections11 wrote:

Very frustated.......

Deb

Thank you for clarifying through email that you had not read this in the Spring Sellers Update but had seen the returns % recently listed in your Sellers Dashboard so you thought it must be included in the Spring Sellers Update.

I am just posting this for others who might have had the same question I did about having missed that while reading through the 2016 Spring Seller Update so you will know that the OP did clarify that this was not something that was read in the Spring Sellers Update.  We all pretty much are aware that somewhere down the line this will probably come into play but at least from what I have seen now is not that time.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 177 of 200
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Thanks for posting this!

Did a quick skim.  Love this one.  Now eBay wants us to pay for advertising for them.  Heck, I go out of my way to keep the word eBay OFF of my packages now.  Ha!  Okay, until we see the prices, it's hard to say, but I can't imagine their prices being so good on shipping supplies that I'll give them my bucks for them.  We shall see.

eBay-branded shipping supplies

Later this month, sellers will be able to conveniently purchase affordable eBay-branded shipping supplies on eBay with quick handling time and free shipping. Premium-quality boxes, envelopes and tape are available at very competitive prices, providing you with one-stop shopping convenience for all your packaging needs. eBay-branded shipping supplies are eco-friendly, too.

Right now we use a combination of purhcased LARGE boxes (24 x 18 x 18 or there abouts) for big stuff and free smaller boxes from a local company that would rather give them away then throw them out.  We also cut and form our boxes for each package size we ship to minimize the package weight.  We use clear shipping tape from Walmart or Staples purchased in multi-roll packs.  Bubblewrap is also bought locally as cheap as we can find it.  Believe it or not, an ounce ofr extra corrugated can push the weight of a package in to the next price range so we try to control that with the customer boxes we make when it is close.  Some corrugated is heavier than others so you do have to be careful at times how you pack things up.  Like wadding newspaper up ... while it is a nice filler has some weight to it depending on how much you stuff in a box.

The only eBay that appears on our packages is on the shipping label.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 178 of 200
latest reply

CURIOUS: How does ebay intend to bill the store owners for the increase?  Will they wait for your previous commitment of one year to expire?  Or use ebay's ignore method and just start charging the monthly increase to everyone starting in May? Technically and professionally they can't and shouldn't void your previous one year commitment. 

Message 179 of 200
latest reply

@shadyl8d wrote:

CURIOUS: How does ebay intend to bill the store owners for the increase?  Will they wait for your previous commitment of one year to expire?  Or use ebay's ignore method and just start charging the monthly increase to everyone starting in May? Technically and professionally they can't and shouldn't void your previous one year commitment. 

@shadyl8d

Ebay already announced the fee increases and the corresponding listing increases will be in effect May 6, 2016 so if you have a current store the price will change effective that date and will be prorated for the first month depending on your normal billing cycle.  

If you wish to cancel for whatever reason, you may do so without an early termination fee until June 4, 2016.  

So in answer to your question no they are not technically going to be professional and wait until your current contract ends but will allow you to opt out if you wish without an early termination fee.

David

Twnpopcards

Message 180 of 200
latest reply