cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay ignores reqeusts to remove counterfeit sellers

I've reported quite a few sellers recently that are clearly selling counterfeit items and defrauding buyers.  eBay has done nothing at all, won't even acknowledge the report.  The criminals continue on their platform.  Sorry eBay, can't trust you.  Won't be using you ever again.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: eBay ignores reqeusts to remove counterfeit sellers

Although I am pretty sure you would not purchase a clearly counterfeit item, if you did it would not make me feel better or worse.  

Feel free to continue reporting counterfeit items if you wish.  

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

And I’m also stating facts. But apparently the responders here are making excuses. 

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

Exactly why eBay has the reputation it does

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@gussharp68 wrote:

I’m not purchasing a clearly counterfeit item from a fraudulent seller so that you feel better believing facts. 

Really? It looks like you bought $4,000 baby wipes from a seller in order to leave feedback for said seller. I wouldn't put it past someone to buy fakes to do the same. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

Good catch.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 35 of 42
latest reply

Please furnish evidence of your qualifying as an expert witness in the matter of the particular items you are accusing the sellers of this criminal activity of selling counterfeit goods. 

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@gussharp68   Yes I am a collector of benchmade knives. Not only do I know that seller is selling counterfeit knives.....

You don't seem to realize that these are just words on a screen of a forum created by a person with a keyboard that has no proven certificates or is in the employ of the company that makes the product nor the company that the items are being sold on and therefore...

I, for one, am ecstatic that this site does not remove items or a seller in totality,  just because a non- certified person 'says so'. 

This type of thing was happening on Amazon and sellers were having items removed or being removed as a seller just because others 'said so', when those 'others' were nothing but the competition. 

As you were told, if the maker of the item has a problem with said item, they could/should join VERO and file accordingly OR if enough buyers file 'not as described' returns, that seller will eventually be removed from this site. 

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@gussharp68 wrote:

Yes I am a collector of benchmade knives. Not only do I know that seller is selling counterfeit knives but benchmade also confirmed to me about this specific seller and have tried to take steps to shut them down. Again, attacking me for pointing out the obvious by generalizing about other unethical people reporting items as counterfeit when they are not is pointless because that is not the case here with me and I wouldn’t bother bringing it up on this forum if I was lying.  The steel descriptions on many of those knives are inaccurate and many of the features are not correct. On the 781 shows it has two scales put together instead of being an integral as it is supposed to be. I am definitely an expert on these knives so you can nip that argument in the bud right now. Bottom line is this specific seller is a fraud and I and quite a few others who collect that I know on knife forums have reported this seller over two months ago. Yet eBay does nothing.

Would you qualify as an expert witness in a court of law on the subject?  If not, while your opinion may or may not be a valid one, one could hardly expect them to take the action you appear to be recommending solely on it.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 38 of 42
latest reply

I, for one, am very happy that you've pointed this out and hope that others are not discouraged by the responders in these forums from doing the same. Sheer numbers may be the only way eBay will take an ethical stance against fraudulent sellers.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

I reported sellers who were clearly selling fake card decks (true decks valued well over $50; fakes being sold for $8); eBay told me there was no violation!!!!

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

You are not comprehending what everyone is telling you. We do not condone counterfeit merchandise. The point made over and over that you are ignoring is that YOU are not the rights holder (are you?). Therefore eBay is NOT going to take your word for it that an item is counterfeit. 

How on earth do you think that would work? 

If you want to do something more productive, go to the VERO page and see if what you are having fits about is covered by VERO participation of the rights holder of that item. Report it to THEM.

Meanwhile, attacking everyone here as being unethical just stinks.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 42 of 42
latest reply