cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any advice on selling a used Samsung Galaxy phone and a Samsung tablet?

I have these two items and they are in excellent condition but not new, used them a short time then got other devices. Would love to sell them as somebody might be able to use them. However, this is not my area of expertise. 

The only thing I know is how to remove the SIM card - and already removed it from the phone - however, what happens at the moment when the new owner puts in his / her own SIM card - will he / she be able to see my Connections, account information, my emails and website visits, etc. ? In other words, do I need to charge them up again (they work perfectly well but have not been charged for over 3 months now) and do I need to perform some restoring to blank slate? Never done a thing like this, but I guess there are some youtube videos that show how to do it, IF it would be necessary. 

And does an iPad also have a SIM card or anything I need to take out?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you. 

PW

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You should factory reset your devices before selling them. The iPad shouldn't have a sim card in it unless it is a cellular data capable model. Those are high scam items so be sure to only ship them to the address supplied with purchase as I am sure you already know.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Go for a local sale????

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@gwzcomps wrote:
You should factory reset your devices before selling them. The iPad shouldn't have a sim card in it unless it is a cellular data capable model. Those are high scam items so be sure to only ship them to the address supplied with purchase as I am sure you already know.

Hi - Thanks so much for your kind help! I was afraid someone would say that...(the factory restore) because I don't know how to do this, but will educate myself on youtube on how to. They seem to have multiple video recordings on just about anything. Unfortunately, nobody in my family is electronically savvy (useless scientists, the bunch). Hahaha! 

No worries - we do not ever ship to other addresses than the ones listed with payment, etc. 

But thanks again and take care

PW

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Be very careful selling phones here. Especially if you are even slightly unsure of how to go about it. High risk scam item with an inexperienced seller is a scammers dream on this site.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

My advise is. Don't do it! You may very well be the target of scammers. Sell them locally. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist not here.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Your post is confusing. In one place you say you're selling a Samsung tablet and in another that you're selling an iPad. The two things are totally different. iPads are only made by Apple and if you put that word in your listing for a Samsung tablet it will be KWS.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I wouldn't sell those electronics here anymore.  Just my 2 cents.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Local for cash.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply