cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card expired, refound money lost?

Ebay tranfered refound amount into my expired card, the one used for transaction.

My bank say that the transaction was automatically rejected, ebay agents say that the refound can be made only on the card number used for purchasing. Insane! That's mean that if you lost card, you lost any chance to recover you money if the parcel never come, for example? Or, if my card will expire in 4 weeks, I must not buying anything because I will loose my right to receive refound if something wrong if the parcel it will come in 4 weeks, or never?

Any solution for this issue? I repeat, my bank say that the transaction was rejected, so the money aren't in my account or at my bank!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Card expired, refound money lost?

Is it a debit card through your bank account?

If the card expired, but the account is good, the refund should have gone back to your account.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The card is expired...of course they will reject it....

Have you changed your "card of record" on the ebay preferences?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Debit card is connected to a banking account. Refund can also go on a new card from the same bank.

Return to your bank to receive the refund.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@silalex_61 

The refund does not go to the card, the refund goes to the bank account where the payment originated. The card expires; the account does not.

If you were issued a new card with a new number connected to the same account, the new card can spend the refund amount from the same account.

If you closed your bank account, contact your bank to see how refunds to closed accounts are treated.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@silalex_61 That is how refunds work everywhere, try buying an airline ticket and get a refund and you will see it's the same exact way. As long as the bank is still active you will be able to recover your funds at some point regardless of the card's status. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

UPDATE: despite yours opinions, all of you, ebay solved problem, not my bank! I repetead in initial thread, money was rejectect and the bank cannot take it back!

I called at my bank an they told me that ebay used some money transfer instrumets and solved it. Only thing you must do it's to contact ebay Customer Service and explain the situation.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply