cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer requests dispute

Hi so i sold some digital codes to someone and they requested a dispute. It took me a little while to send the codes to them and after I had sent the codes in ebay messages they requested a dispute. The dispute says it was an unauthorized purchase but the issue is that they didn’t dispute before the codes were sent. They waited untill the codes were sent to dispute meaning they probably used the codes and i would be losing money. I can’t fight the dispute because i don’t have a tracking number as this i sent the codes through messages. Anyone know how to help me?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Buyer requests dispute

Your best bet is to not fight the dispute. Accept it and refund the $12.

Microsoft does not permit you to sell those codes (read the fine print), which means it goes against eBay's digitally delivered goods policy. You have zero seller protections here.

If you fight the dispute and lose, not only will you have to refund the full amount, but you will not get your eBay fees back and you'll be charged a $20 dispute fee.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/electronically-delivered-items-policy...

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I can't help you but I can give you some advice.  Don't sell things you are prohibited from selling.  It will not end well.  Oh, and especially don't sell digital things you are prohibited from selling.  It will bite you in the butt.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@bigbluecards1 There is no help for you. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The best way to help is to tell you to read the digital item policy and make sure the items are listed correctly.

Have a great day.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@bigbluecards1 wrote:

I can’t fight the dispute because i don’t have a tracking number as this i sent the codes through messages.

No, you can't fight the dispute because you sold something you weren't allowed to sell. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

it was $60 though lol 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Ah, that stinks. Wish I had better news for you. All I can say is you'll lose more than $60 if you try to fight it.

Don't base your listing decisions on whether or not someone else listed an item. Always read eBay's policy and the policy of the product so you don't end up in this kind of situation again and, when in doubt, come here to ask before listing.

I see you've since removed your active listing for the codes you had up earlier today - good decision. 👍

Message 8 of 8
latest reply