cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account currency change - please help

Can somebody from eBay point me out to information like terms, policies, whatever... where it says why do I have to have my account in foreign currency on eBay.com site? It's the only site we are selling on and after  forced into managed payments this process changed our account from USD to EUR.

So, it was not by our will, we have not been warned about it, system did it and when we asked immediately why did this happen we were told that sadly currency can't be changed for one year now!

OK, after one year we tried again with no luck. New round of contacts to support resulted in nothing, online page which used to serve such requests in the past now says "Your billing currency is set to EUR. Because eBay manages your payments, changes to your currency cannot be made."

What? This sounds like "Because we sold you a wrong phone we can't serve your request. We only serve requests for phones sold by others..??"

I'd almost understand if third party manages my payments, but ironically it was possible then, now when it's in-house now it's not?? Why? Where does it say why?

We are registered on eBay.com (since ever), we only sell on eBay.com (since ever), we list our items in USD and buyers pay us in USD, so why is eBay not letting us have our account in USD and also make payout to our bank in USD.

If this is not allowed I'd kindly ask somebody from eBay to point me out to resource(s) clarifying this mater because I could not find it. After more than 2 years I don't even know if this is/was just a mistake done by the system during change to MP or is this based on some rules and regulations which I'm not aware of.

Please help

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Account currency change - please help

Even though you're on .com, your registered location is Croatia.

Does this help? https://pages.ebay.com/payment/2.0/terms.html#article-2

Payout Currency

Your “Payout Currency” is the currency that we will use for settling your transaction proceeds to your Linked Financial Account. We will generally determine your Payout Currency as follows, unless you and we agree otherwise:

• If you are a seller residing or established in the United States, or any of the Additional Countries, your Payout Currency is the US Dollar.
  • If you are a seller residing or established in an EEA country (except Iceland), your Payout Currency will be the Euro.
  • If you are a seller residing or established in the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, or Australia, your Payout Currency will be based on your country of residence.
  • If you are a seller residing or established in Canada, your Payout Currency will be the Canadian Dollar or, if offered by us and selected by you, the US Dollar.
  • If you are a seller residing or established in an Additional Country, then your Payout Currency is the US Dollar, or such other currency as we may offer and you may select as determined by your country of residence.

We may enable further Payout Currencies at our sole discretion in the future. Where offered by us and agreed upon by you and your buyer, your buyer may pay for an item you sell with currency other than your Payout Currency. When this happens, the paid amount will be converted into your Payout Currency prior to disbursement of the funds to you, using the applicable transaction exchange rate and assessing the currency conversion charge as indicated on our Fee Page described in Section 3 (“Seller Payment Fees”) below. Similarly, your receipt of eBay Services from Affiliates may cause you to incur fees which are published in a currency other than your Payout Currency; if this happens, we may convert such fees into your Payout Currency in the same manner as described in the prior sentence.

Further, if you live in an Additional Country, the financial institution you opened your Linked Financial Account with may charge you a separate fee for converting your funds from the US Dollar to your local currency.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I looked at one of your listing and it says you are located in Republic of Croatia.

stephenmorgan_0-1699077226801.png

According to eBay Policy your payment will be converted to the currency of your payouts.  Is you account set up to receive US Dollars at a US Bank?

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/selling-internationally?id=4132&st=3&pos=5&query=Selling%2...

Receiving payments from international buyers

If the buyer pays in a different currency, the payment will be converted to the currency of your payouts. As currency values can change, it’s important to note that the currency exchange rate will be captured at the time of sale and can be viewed in the order details. This exchange rate will apply in the event of a refund.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

So, how can I ask for a part "...unless you and we agree otherwise..."

Let's agree to what we had for 20 years and please do not worry about my bank fees for receiving foreign currency

So, I would like to ask to get my currency back to USD, how do I do it?  And if eBay does not agree I believe I at least deserve quick explanation why. Technically I don't mind clearing my account, stop selling for some time, even if it has to be with January 1st, no problem, whatever.

Possible at least to aks? Who and how?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@classical-lps wrote:

So, how can I ask for a part "...unless you and we agree otherwise..."

I am not sure.  Do you not have a way to talk to eBay from your country?

I think the "unless you and we agree otherwise" is something that would be very rarely used.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Their payouts are supposed to go into their Payoneer account. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Payment-Resources/Were-you-asked-to-link-a-Payoneer-account-for-payout...

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

As others have pointed out, you are registered as being in Croatia.

Ebay has procedures which minimize their complicity in any potential tax evasion or money laundering.

Neither may be your intent but they take action which is viewed as cooperative with potential regulatory authorities.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I don't know why the link isn't found.  I got it from Linking Payoneer on right column on this page.

https://community.ebay.com/ and then the rest of the url is t5/Payment-Resources/Were-you-asked-to-link-a-Payoneer-account-for-payouts-Here-s-why/ba-p/32022800

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

OK, just quickly, no Payoneer has nothing to do with me, this is for other countries, I'm in EU

As for the tax evasion or money laundering, how is this related to currency being used for payouts?

My bank here (being in EU) has all the protocols for all of this and is/would be the same bank to receive money, just a different currency. As mentioned earlier, it was an USD account for 20 years, move to managed payments changed it automatically.

Yes, I can contact support, that's why in my first message I wrote " New round of contacts to support resulted in nothing...", which is not surprising and is understandable.

I'm aware that "...unless you and we agree otherwise..." means what it means and is a rare situation, but this is because most of the users on eBay.com will be with USD account by default and most European users will be registered on some of the European sites and EUR by default. We don't have local eBay site here, plus most of our buyers and followers are on eBay.com where we trade for more than 20 years. So we just wanted things to be as they were before moving to managed payments and with our account in USD as it was before.

Even being a rare case "...unless you and we agree otherwise..." means it's not forbidden or impossible, so my whole point with post here was does anyone from eBay knows who and where to ask?

With tricky issues in the past elizabeth@ebay was VERY helpful, it would be great if she can join the conversation or send me a message

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi help my ebay account this dollar kaisey nikaley

Message 10 of 10
latest reply