cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making sure this isn't a scam?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234490725830?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=D1-Zpen3TdO&sss...

Sorry if the seller sees this just being careful, does this look legit?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why would you not think it's legit? The seller has multiple recent positive feedback for selling the same item, the estimated delivery date indicates it's being shipped from the US, and it's covered by the Money Back Guarantee. So no, there are no red flags that I can see.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Why would you not think it's legit? The seller has multiple recent positive feedback for selling the same item, the estimated delivery date indicates it's being shipped from the US, and it's covered by the Money Back Guarantee. So no, there are no red flags that I can see.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Only reason is Ive found a few other listings using the same pictures, two older ones from different states. But this seller has good feedback so I guess it's okay?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234490725830?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=D1-Zpen3TdO&sss...

Seems I may have accepted the other answer too soon, reason I'm worried is reviews look kinda weird and there are two older listings in other states that use the same pictures.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Your concern is a bit cryptic. "Other answer"??  Do you mean reviews, or (seller) feedback?  If you mean seller feedback, I would think that the feedback left is directly associated to the type product that the buyer has purchased... In other words, it seems fine.  This is obviously a monster promotional item, which would probably just use an industry standard advertising photo, for illustration. Possibly someone else will tell you different, but I cannot see anything sketchy about this listing. It's a Monster cooler, not a Renoir painting. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Just nervous, thank you that's what I wanted to hear, so you think the photos are what idw/monster sends to buyers?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I read in another thread that sellers do use other sellers' pictures.  So I think that's not supposed to be a red flag. I don't know why they don't use their own pictures instead.

Here's the other thread that I referred to:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Ebay-hasn-t-done-anything-about-someone-using-my-photos-in-the...

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@ericthegreat777,

Go back to the seller's feedback profile page and click on the as a seller button.   The seller has sold several of the coolers over the last few months and received feedback for them.   He used the same photos for all of them, probably because he opened one to take the photos for all of the others which is fine for a new item.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@ericthegreat777,

The seller has sold 8 of those coolers that he has received feedback for.  If you had several of one boxed item, wouldn't you open just one to take photos of, and use those in all of your auctions?   YOu should have looked more closely at their feedback profile page.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

yes I do think it's just the stock photo they send out... pretty much every organization does that. I know when I worked for Mac tools, they did it with tool chests, as did NAPA Auto parts with promotional coolers etc.  I just always assumed they figured it wasn't rocket science, and just went with it. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

What exactly are you doing?

You come here and ask for the legitimacy of a listing 234490725830 andyou are told its good. 

Yet, you then make an invalid bid retraction.

Then you made a best offer, to the same seller, for the same item, but from a different listing.

Since you do not trust the listing why would you do that?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I bought one, seller was okay with this, said he had another one. People seem to think it's legitimate so let's see what comes I guess, seems it's a big box coming my way.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

how to make sure this is not a scam ?how to prove this if it's legit ?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply