cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in my address?

In the long line of problems with Ebay, now I have a seller telling me they can't give me the tracking of an item already mailed weeks ago, because the package keeps getting sent back due to an "error in my shipping address". What would that be now?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Error in my address?

@uns_ist_in_alten_maeren wrote:

In the long line of problems with Ebay, now I have a seller telling me they can't give me the tracking of an item already mailed weeks ago, because the package keeps getting sent back due to an "error in my shipping address". What would that be now?

What would that be now? The error in your shipping address? No clue. Don't know your address or the address provided. (Do NOT provide personal info on here.)

I just want to know... it "keeps" getting sent back due to error in address? How many times has the seller tried shipping it? How many times will he try until he realizes the "error" isn't going to magically disappear. 3rd time is the charm???

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

@uns_ist_in_alten_maeren,

If you have double checked your account information to make sure your address is correct, then the seller is trying to stall you. If the seller had shipped with tracking they could have given you the tracking number as proof the item had been returned.  If the last estimated delivery date has passed you should file an item not received dispute. The seller will have to prove they shipped the item, or refund you.

Since you are located in Albania, and seem to buy mostly from German sellers, I have to ask if the ebay site you signed up with is the German one (ebay.de)  You have posted your issue on the U.S. based site (ebay.com) and how to go about getting resolution may be different here than it is on the German site so you may want to post your issue on the German site's community for better information. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

Thank you for your reply. If it is a stall, it would not be the first time this seller has stalled. So that is perhaps the very reason. I thought it may be another ebay issue. Not sure why, but it seems there are more these days than used to be. I am on US site. I never knew there were different ebays until recently. Sadly, one of those items only 1 seller has! But I will be patient. A stall is OK, so long as they get it out. This seller has loads of Nazi stuff. So they better get my item out or there will be trouble! lol (My item is not, FYI). Cheers. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

I have no idea. But I buy from the same country to the same country regularly, and never have issue! 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

@uns_ist_in_alten_maeren,

The sale of Nazi related memorabilia on ebay is strictly regulated, and some European countries forbid the sale or import of them at all, and that may be why the items are being returned to the seller. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

How would they know?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

Every seller on eBay is independent from every other seller . EBay is just an advertising site.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Error in my address?

The OP sure has a lot of shipping issues: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Error-Seller-does-not-ship-to-your-address/td-p/32751043

"How would they know?"

International shipping can be opened for inspection, or something written on the custom form?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply