cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a buyer decline a refund from a seller?

I bought a music CD from a seller, and the packaging and jewel case got damaged in transit. I informed the seller right away about the damage, not expecting a refund, but they have issued one. I thought they might reply to my message beforehand.

I don't want the seller to lose out on this item for something that was not their fault. Also, the disc itself is perfectly fine. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try contacting the seller again and let them know the disk is OK and you want to keep it and see if you can repay them some.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@fdgg8690,

Your seller being a very high volume one, may not respond to a message about wanting to repay them, just because of the volume of messages they may receive daily.  They probably refunded you because they probably figured you would file a not as described dispute, and didn't want to pay for the return shipping.  You could always take the refund and buy something else from them.

It is nice to see that some people still want to be fair with transactions, and the feedback you left will help them. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I did send them a message, so will see what happens. They haven't responded so far, but I'm hoping they at least had insurance on the package.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I definitely made sure to leave positive feedback for the seller. Hopefully, the package was insured so they can recoup their loss. And since they're a charity, I can make a direct donation to them.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Odds of an insurance payout are slim, and possibly your message will never get to the seller.

Some sellers, when they have any issue what so ever (no matter who's fault) that costs them money, will block the buyer. When they do that your message to them just goes off into cyberspace with no indication to you that it happened as such

ETA  either way as another posted, a high volume seller is not likely to respond.  Yours is. Thousands of items a month. Likely not to have time to respond. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply