cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay seller Kendall Van Guilder shares five tips for organizing your eBay selling workspaces on and off line. Griff and Kayomi answer your questions on: who pays for Return Shipping cost overages; how to handline “return to sender” package situations; buyer requests to delay shipping; and how to enter dimensions with cubic rate pricing in mind for soft packs.

Episode Links:
Kendall’s eBay Store; Style Secondhand
eBay Consignment
Recurring Links:
eBay for Business Podcast
eBay Seller Spotlight Podcast
eBay for Business Podcast Listener Survey
eBay Seller News Announcements
eBay for Business Facebook
Community Chat with eBay Staff
eBay Seller Center
eBay Help
eBay Local Seller Events
Seller Hub
eBay Events

Kayomi: I'm Kayomi Kayoshi.

Griff: And I'm Griff Griffith. And this is the eBay For Business Podcast. Your source for the information and the inspiration to help you start, manage and grow your business into a booming success on the world's most powerful marketplace. And this, we're creeping towards 300. It is episode 287.

Kayomi: Slowly crawling to the 300 mark.

Griff: It does feel like it's taking forever to get there. So 300, that's a lot of episodes, I think .

Kayomi: It is. It's something to be proud of.

Griff: I went back and listened to our first podcast episode and boy, has this podcast changed in 300 episodes.

Kayomi: The evolution of the podcast.

Griff: Yeah, you know what? I go back and I listen and I think I was trying too hard to be cute. I wasn't relying on my natural cuteness. I was trying to amp it it up, cuteness on steroids. It was over the top. Well

Kayomi: Griff, now we have to go back and I have to re-Listen to episode one now because I want to hear this amplified cuteness.

Griff: Well listen to the first 10 if you get a chance. Tell me what you think. It was water under the bridge. This is 2018, we're talking about how many years ago was that? Six? Six years!

Kayomi: Yeah. I don't wanna think about it. .

Griff: Geez. No wonder I look so old.

Kayomi: You know, I will say, I just got my roots touched up because my grays are also coming in.

Griff: Oh my. So it's 287. We have some interesting topics this week.

Kayomi: That we do. Speaking of topics, who's our guest this week?

Griff: I thought you'd never ask. This week we'll be talking about spring cleaning and organizing your workspace with eBay seller, Kendall Van Guilder, who approached us and said, you know, I'm an expert on this. And I said, really? Well then we'll have you on the podcast. Great segment. It's already recorded. You'll get a chance to hear it later. And I have to tell you, I was so inspired by Kendalls segment that I actually went and cleaned up my workspace.

Kayomi: Well good for you. Okay, I'll definitely give it a listen then, because mine could also use a spring cleaning.

Griff: Well, they get disorganized and messy just from being used. I don't think it's a thing where you do it once a year. I think you have to get in the habit of cleaning it just to make it a better workspace on a regular basis. But because of that segment, I thought, geez, it's a good thing she can't see that workspace. So when we were done, I went over and I cleaned. It took me about 30 minutes, but I organized and cleaned it up.

Kayomi: And it makes you feel good. Like whenever I clean an area, I feel very accomplished. I know it was just like putting a few things away, but it really does change your mindset.

Griff: Absolutely. It's those little accomplishments that can help make the day. Anyway, that's what we're gonna talk about this week with Kendall. And last couple weeks it's been pretty quiet when it comes to news. So I was going to ask you if there's any news this week?

Kayomi: Like you said, it has been a bit quiet, but we do have something to announce. There is a new enhancement to an existing eBay service called eBay Consignment that might be of interest to sellers.

Griff: Okay, I'm gonna play dumb here. What is eBay Consignment?

Kayomi: Well, if you don't know, eBay Consignment is a service that makes it easier to sell luxury goods and it's expanding to a new category. In addition to handbags, which was the category accepted at launch, the service has expanded to enable the consignment of apparel pieces from over 30 plus brands, including Dior, Fendi, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Off-White, Prada, and more.

Griff: You just described my little closet. Go on.

Kayomi: I'm sure I know. Griff. Let me borrow a couple pieces. Okay.

Griff: ,

Kayomi: If you're considering selling apparel or a luxury handbag, let eBay Consignment do the heavy lifting for you. Simply fill out a brief intake form, print your prepaid shipping label, ship your items with peace of mind since all the labels are insured for the full value of the items. And let the professionals handle the rest for you for your convenience. You can send in your apparel and handbags in the same shipment. The eBay consignment team will handle the research, photographing pricing, and listing of your items. Like I said before, let them do the heavy lifting for you. Once the item sells, the team will notify you. And all you have to do is simply sit back, relax, and get paid via check.

Griff: Oh, where do I sign?

Kayomi: Well, you have the steps right there, but you have to let me see it first and then give it to consider eBay Consignment.

Griff: I will. I'll take pictures.

Kayomi: That's a deal. Yeah. The service offers competitive commission rates and is very simple to use. And then we'll put the link in the transcript. As always, if you're interested in checking it out.

Griff: It's pretty easy. I just looked it up it is ebay.com/ebay/consignment. But like you just said, we'll put the link as we always do in the notes for this episode, episode 287, in case you didn't hear the top of the hour. 287. Thirteen away from 300. Well, with that said, it's time to start cleaning and organizing your office. Look at it. It's a mess.

Kayomi: I think you're talking about me.

Griff: I know this sounds cliche, but it's spring cleaning time and what better time to do it than in the spring so that you're ready for the summer selling season. Now I know a lot of sellers who are constantly cleaning and organizing. I'm not one of them. That's why I'm so excited to hear what our next guest has to tell us.

Griff: Kendall Van Guilder sells under the user ID StyleSecondhand or her eBay store, which is Style Secondhand. Kendall, welcome to the podcast.

Kendall: Hi. Thanks for having me.

Griff: Tell us a little bit about your background on eBay and before.

Kendall: I started on eBay in December of 2022. Just really part-time and started to really enjoy selling on eBay. And while I was selling part-time, I was working at Lululemon as an assistant store manager of operations, which definitely helps with my organization just 'cause I had to keep everything organized in a store. And then in May of 2023, I decided to take the leap and go full-time. So six months of selling before I was like, yep, I want to do this full time.

Griff: So this is your only source of income then, selling on eBay?

Kendall: Correct.

Griff: Do you keep a focus on apparel?

Kendall: Yes. I like to sell men's and women's clothes and shoes, but I do find that I gravitate towards men's wear.

Griff: Is there a reason for that?

Kendall: Men are easier. As a woman myself, we have a lot of options and we have a lot of brands, whereas men I feel like they know what they want, they find it, they buy it. I personally put a bunch of things in my cart and then never check out. I think the indecisiveness a little bit sometimes hinders women from shopping. Men just have been easier.

Griff: Speaking for the entire gender. I thank you for that. . You said that organization, obviously if you're working for someone else and you were working for Lululemon as a store manager then. I can see where organization is really important. In fact, you get people to come into stores and they make a mess and then you have to clean up after them. But when you have a business you have to clean up after yourself. How important is it to you and why is it important to keep organized and keep things orderly and neat?

Kendall: It's extremely important. I have been finessing this skill for a while now, so it's not something that I just picked up when I started reselling. I was already an organized person kind of from the beginning, which is good for me. And I know that resellers sometimes have the dreaded instance where you can't find something. And I've done that before. I've put things in a bin and maybe didn't label it correctly. So I've gone on a hunt and my store isn't even nearly as big as some others. The organization and knowing where things are is going to save you so much time. Which time is very important as a reseller.

Griff: And stress, I have misplaced items in the past and there's nothing more stressful because you know you're gonna disappoint a buyer if you can't find this thing they've already paid for.

Kendall: Yeah. Don't wanna cancel any orders.

Griff: No, you don't. And I know as a buyer, when I've purchased something and the seller says I have to cancel this, I just can't find it or it's lost. I'm always disappointed and I don't want somebody who's bought from me to feel the same way. So I want to increase my organizational skills. I hear you brought some tips with us. Can we go through them?

Kendall: Yes, of course.

Griff: Okay, well I'll let you start. So how many tips did you bring by the way?

Kendall: I brought five.

Griff: Okay, let's start.

Kendall: Okay, tip number one is something that is super relevant right now to me and I'm currently going through as we speak, is a listing audit. And not just a listing audit, but also a supplies audit. Really just an audit of everything that you have. And this is so important because one, for me, being an organized person, I have already realized how many things are not even in the right bins that I've marked, things that maybe I've sold and it's still showing that I have them listed or there's glitches that happen. I have been currently actually going through all of my listings and finding anything that's stale and fixing them. So whether that's with title change with different descriptors, just taking a close look at it. Because there's also been times when I've sold Sell Like Similar the feature on eBay and I've not changed maybe some of the descriptors and it actually doesn't fit my listing.

Griff: Yeah. Item Specifics. Yeah, I've done that too. That's not good.

Kendall: That is obviously going to help. But not just jazzing up listings but actually selling similar and making them fresh, which is what I've been doing. And I've actually seen success even just in the last couple days of things selling that I have sold similar and jazzed. And with that changing sometimes maybe the price, checking comps again, things change, seasons change. When you got the thing, life's different. So making sure that it actually fits with the current times. Just fixing up the listing.

Griff: Like a listing refresh.

Kendall: Yeah, exactly. 'cause that's just going to make it fresh to the buyer. Especially if you have something that might be in more of a competitive brand or there's a lot of listings out there, you want to get some fresh eyes on it. Okay. So the other kind of part to the listing audit is the supplies audit. This is something that with my background from Lululemon, I actually was responsible for supplies and making sure we had what we needed and it was easily accessible. So that is translated to my reselling business with the supplies audit. If you're able to, I know not everybody has the space and like the luxury to have your supplies kind of on display. Sometimes it just has to be tucked away in a closet. But if you can have it visible, have it visible so you can see what you have and what you might be low on. I personally like to have a backup of everything that I have. So at least one backup. So when I move to that backup, I know that I need to order another round so that I'm never running out of anything. Because as a reseller, worst case scenario is something sells and you don't have something to ship it in.

Griff: Then you have to resort to using a used box, which is so amateur.

Kendall: Yeah.

Griff: I do take that inventory. I make sure that I've got enough boxes. Because I have a store with eBay, I get the, you know, the free shipping supplies. I make sure I take advantage of that every quarter. But if you're using another source, that's so important isn't it, to make sure that you actually keep an inventory, whether it's visual or on paper of the supplies you need to keep your business running.

Kendall: Definitely. So that's my first tip.

Griff: Tip number two. And what would that be?

Kendall: This one's pretty simple, but it's just cleaning up your workspace.

Griff: This is where I fail.

Kendall: Yeah. Cleaning up your desk and making sure that it's organized and clutter-free and that there isn't stuff that you don't need on it. This is something that I need to, to actually do currently as I have Downey Wrinkle Erase on my desktop.

Griff: Wait, what is Downey Wrinkle Erase? Oh, is this for like clothing that you're gonna list on eBay?

Kendall: Yes.

Griff: I never heard of that. Is it work?

Kendall: I actually don't know. I'm going to test it out because my dryer doesn't work very well to get out wrinkles. So we're gonna try this and doesn't work. So that one's not a very revolutionary one.

Griff: Yeah, keeping it organized and clean is, and I do, I have to admit it's because I know it's a problem. I do clean my desktop every day to make sure that it's a lot easier to face the next morning as opposed to being a pile of stuff that I'm never going to use.

Kendall: Your future self will thank you.

Griff: I think so, yes. I'm finding that to be true. And speaking of piles of stuff, what's your third tip?

Kendall: It is assessing your death pile.

Griff: Ugh.

Kendall: Yeah, I know this one is also pretty self-explanatory, but I know as resellers we can gather and do shopping and just continue to make a pile of stuff that eventually needs our attention. Using this spring cleaning time to actually go through that pile and figure out what the next steps are for it and doing those next steps.

Griff: I always thought a death pile is, is kind of like a disorganized, cluttered desk because it's stuff that even if it's not directly in front of you, it is something that's on your mind and it's a stress inducer to know that there's this stuff that you're not listing and you got to take care of it so that it's not top of mind anymore.

Kendall: Yeah. And having that looming pile in your office or wherever you work is just going to feed that stress and make you feel overwhelmed. Even if you don't think it is, it is creating this distraction in your workspace.

Griff: So death piles.

Kendall: Yes. Like you said, if there are things in there that you're not even going to do anything with, make sure to figure out the resolution for them and move on from them if you're going to.

Griff: Yeah, I'm glad we still call them death piles instead of following the current cultural norm, which is a neutered word, saying the un-alive pile. Death pile!

Kendall: I've never heard of un-alive, I've heard profit pile and money pile, which make it sound a little bit more positive and something you want to actually do. Because it's a pile of money, right?

Griff: So that was tip number three. What is tip number four?

Kendall: Tip number four is cleaning up your bookkeeping, which is also something that I am in the process of working on, cleaning up my spreadsheet that I actually use. Making sure that everything is up to date, that there aren't things on there that shouldn't be on there, recording any expenses that maybe I haven't recorded. Just making sure that everything is where it's supposed to be. Everything is balanced and you're not having a headache come tax season.

Griff: As of this broadcast, we are right there. So very important. I have to admit that tip number four is the one that I actually was really bad at for quite a while and I really took the steps to get better at this. And I'm, I'm quite happy with my new skills at keeping books.

Kendall: I find that as I've been in this journey, trying to figure out what works best for me. Whether it's like, okay, every Monday I sit down and I look through my bank statements, make sure that everything is up to date or just kind of picking a day that you will sit down and do it also is helpful if like every day doesn't work for you because that has allowed me to, to just spend 15 minutes on a Monday and just go through what I need to. And it's pretty easy. I also have a file folder, like one of those accordion folders for all of my receipts. Since this is gonna be my first official tax season in this job, I'm not really sure what to expect. I can watch as many videos as I want, read as many resources as I want, but I haven't personally gone through it yet. I'm just making sure that I have everything that I could possibly need. Keeping all our receipts, having them organized by month, highlighting the date so I can find it easy. Again, just being as organized as I possibly can because this is new to me.

Griff: Okay, so we've got through the cleanup, your bookkeeping. What is your fifth tip?

Kendall: So my last one is, if you have gone through your store and everything is how it should be, but you're still feeling like maybe you want to move through some things. Running a Spring sale, I like to run sales fairly often on my store. Whether it's like something that I have a lot of that I'm just kind of ready to move on from eBay makes it nice because they sometimes compile the things that have been sitting in your store and kind of create a sale off your stale listings, which is helpful. You don't have to think about it, but you can run a spring sale yourself and choose your own markdowns or how you want to run it. I also noticed that you can send out a newsletter to your store followers or people that bought from you. So they, I thought was a way, which I would, I think I'm going to try in the next couple weeks of just targeting my people that maybe follow my store or have shopped with me before trying to gain some repeat buyers and send out a newsletter and see if that has any type of traction or if I see any sale. Because I do see movement from my sale, but I would just like to try maybe a more targeted approach.

Griff: And for those of you who are wondering, what's this about a newsletter, if you're a store subscriber, you have access to that feature and can send out a newsletter to your followers every week and you can create the content for that newsletter. So it's another reason why you should consider subscribing to at least some level of an eBay store. So you have features like the store newsletter that you can take advantage of.

Kendall: Definitely. I love having a store too. I get to customize it how I want.

Griff: Yeah, I think it's fun to have a store as well and it does make you feel a lot more professional. Well Kendall, that's the five tips, but before we go, let's just do a quick summary of them again.

Kendall: All right. Tip number one, audit of your store and of your supplies and make sure that you have everything you need and edit your stale listings. Tip number two is gonna be clean up your workspace and clear any clutter that is maybe a distraction. Tip three, go through your death pile and figure out next steps and follow through with those. Tip number four, clean up your bookkeeping. Make sure you have all your expenses, mileage, anything that you need to be tracked is tracked. And tip number five, if you do all of that and you still want to move through some things, you can run a spring sale and hopefully that will get through some listings for you.

Griff: This has been great Kendall. Thank you so much for those tips. I'm gonna follow a few that I know that are important that I'm not actually doing, including the, uh, the death pile, which I think everyone has. I have a death pile that I have to get through. So thank you for that reminder. Remind people where they can find you on eBay.

Kendall: My store name is Style Secondhand.

Griff: And we'll put a link to that store so that you can go see Kendall's store directly and see how she's managing her business on eBay. You can pick up a few tips there Kendall. Thanks so much.

Kendall: Thank you for having me.

Griff: Kendall Van Guilder sells on eBay under the user ID Style Secondhand. As I mentioned before. We'll put that link in the transcript for episode 287 and remember it's never too late and never too early to clean up your workspace.

Kayomi: You've got questions.

Griff: Well of course you do. And we got answers. Of course we do. And last week's all question episode I have to say, so far the feedback Kayomi, It's been a big hit with our audience and of course we'll continue to answer questions at the end of each episode. For now, there may be a change coming that I might have teased last week. It won't we for a while, but we're thinking about maybe a show every week that's just Q and A. I don't know, you didn't hear it here first. Let's close that kimono again.

Kayomi: We will have to see who's really listening.

Griff: Yeah, no one comments then we know we're in trouble.

Kayomi: I know, I have. No one sends in any more questions. We're in trouble. You know, we got such an outreach from the call out I had for questions for that episode that we have a nice queue now. So our next full only Q and A episode will be in June for the second quarter of the year. Yeah, we're gonna do it again. It's a big hit.

Kendall: Nice. Everyone should look out for that. In the meantime, we should get to the questions at hand. This first question was sent by eBay seller Ed to podcast@ebay.com. Hey, I was sad to hear Brian go, but I enjoy listening to the new voice. Thank you. I think that's, you know, meant for me a while back. I had a question about return shipping being a different service than what I had sent out. You mentioned that eBay will upgrade the service if it's cheaper. Interestingly, I received one back that I was sure would cost way more. It was sent via Media Mail at the two pound rate and came back Priority. I waited patiently for the price to show up my payment transactions. It was $4 and 67 cents. How eBay managed to ship a Priority for that little is beyond me. This was 13 by 13 by 1, one pound two ounces. But I'm okay with that. Hmm. Okay. So Ed, to answer this and give you some perspective, when the buyer uses a carrier and class of service that is more expensive than the one the seller used to ship the item to the buyer originally, eBay covers that cost difference. The seller is only charged for return postage in the amount of the original shipment.

Griff: As you know, you can see this in your transaction report, you'll, you'll see that this is the amount you were charged. I think people find it hard to believe that eBay would actually subsidize that difference. It doesn't happen as much as you might think. And it's not the seller's fault and it's not the buyer's fault. I mean it's just whatever happened happened, they used a different label. So we just pay for that extra difference and move on to the next transaction and you don't have to worry about it.

Kayomi: We'll take it on the chin.

Griff: and then we'll get off the mat and we'll fight another fight. Our next question was sent to podcast@ebay.com by seller Ed and Ed wrote my question concerns return to sender scenarios. Ed says he recently sold a Blu-ray that was returned due to insufficient address. I had no idea it was coming back until the buyer reached out expressing their wish to have it resent. Okay. At that point it had sat for three weeks with no update in the tracking other than return to sender. I informed them that I would refund and re-list the item once it was returned. And if they were still interested they could repurchase it. I then forgot about it until the buyer opened a case for not receiving the item I did as required, inputting the tracking number. But I suspect this package is lost and have filled out the USPS lost package form. I'm going to comment about that. By the way. My concern is what to do in this type of situation. sI contacted support and they advised me to wait it out. However, I wasn't comfortable with that approach and ended up refunding the approximately $12. But if it were something much more valuable, what would be the proper course of action signed Ed? Well this is actually a little complicated, but I think we can straighten it out. Now. First I did a little snooping this week because I've been reading in different groups about serious USPS delays and they are experiencing serious delays, especially in the southeast around the Atlanta area. Apparently USPS is enhancing or changing some of their operations and it's resulted in severe delays.

Kayomi: I've, yeah, I've heard about these delays and I think it's a nationwide issue. I actually saw a map of these delays and it looks like, like the entire country is covered in red, which is experiencing delays. And that's what I've heard as well. It's because something's going on at these hubs or they're changing something with their operations that's causing them, I guess to be backed up.

Griff: And I'm pretty sure eBay Shipping Team is covering for this so that there's no consequences. But this would explain why this return to sender package isn't shown as moving. So wait it out is probably a good idea. $12. Yeah, I could see where you would just refund that and then hey, you get it back eventually. But I purchased a few items in different places around the country and some of them are now a month delayed and they were shipped. There is tracking. So I think this is an issue right now.

Kayomi: Personal story. I ordered my cat a stroller. It is taking a lot longer to deliver.

Griff: Is your cat getting impatient?

Kayomi: I think I'm the one getting impatient. I'm, I'm not even sure the cat cares about the stroller, I just wanna baby him. Yeah. Um, so I think it's more of a me thing.

Griff: , you know, we transfer everything to our pets. So I do that with my own feelings with my dog. So I figured everyone probably does that anyway. So Ed, you probably think we forgot you. No we haven't.

Kayomi: Absolutely not.

Griff: If the item was not delivered because it was marked return to sender and thus not delivered to the buyer, you don't have to refund that buyer if that item hasn't been returned to you by the carrier. We don't require a seller to put that refund out there when that package is in limbo. Especially when it says return to sender. Now of course, like you did, a seller can always opt to refund the buyer at any time prior to the parcels delivery back to you. I have a sneaking suspicion it will come back to you. So let us know how that works out. And just to summarize then two possible courses of proper action. You can ask the buyer to wait until you receive the parcel back at your location in order to receive a refund. Or if you believe the item value is not significant, just refund the buyer, chalk it up to a loss for now on your books and move on to the next transaction and investigate UPS and FedEx for a while.

Kayomi: I know, I was gonna say great question. I think bad timing and bad luck just plays a part into this unfortunately.

Griff: Yeah. You know, and I'm not gonna be too hard on USPS. They're run by humans. Things happen. What are you gonna do? It's not the end of the world.

Kayomi: Exactly.

Griff: I think a Talmudic shrug is in place here is appropriate. Okay, what do you got?

Kayomi: Well this next email to podcast@ebay.com was sent by seller Kim who says, greetings. The customer purchased an item and paid, but ask me not to ship until the next week as he's outta town. I am set up to ship in two days. So eBay will continue to remind me to ship when I can't yet. Does this affect anything? Does it look like I'm shipping late? What steps should I take when this happens? Kim Cox, The Porch Resale Shop and then her seller ID is The Porch Marketplace.

Griff: Well I've heard this happens occasionally. It's been happening since 1996.

Kayomi: Let's hear it.

Griff: If you have a few options here now if you honor the buyer's request and hold the item, yeah. You're gonna receive what I call one mark. But what sellers call a ding against your ship on time metric. And if you print the label within your stated handily time, even though you're not gonna ship it for a week, you won't receive a mark against your tracking uploaded on time metric. So you might want to consider that.

Kayomi: Great option. And Kim, there is a built-in buffer on the ship time metric of 3% that is intended to absorb the occasional situation like this one where the buyer asks you to hold off on shipping.

Griff: Yeah. And that's a 3% in order to maintain your Top Rated Seller status. So you can have up to 3% of all the transactions and a evaluation period with late shipping. And for some sellers that's a lot of transaction. Unless this is something that's happened a lot, you don't have anything to worry. And that's why it's the option I would go for. And I have been asked by buyers to hold the shipping and I just say, yeah, okay, I'll just hold it for a week. No big deal. But you can also inform that buyer that they can have the post office hold packages until a determined date so the package isn't delivered to the unoccupied destination of the buyer. And then the buyer can pick up the package once they've returned from out of town. So you might want to give them that option in case you're not happy taking a mark or a ding.

Kayomi: Well, you never know with the way things are going with USPS, you could ship it now and they might get it in the next week or two.

Griff: I had not thought of that. You might be safe shipping it. It might not get there for a month anyway. So he should be looking at pictures of his vacation by the time he gets back.

Kayomi: Exactly. And then our final question from Stuart. Hi Kayomi and Griff love the podcast. I have a question about eBay cubic rate shipping on other shipping sites. When you ship in a poly mailer, you only need to put the length in width of the mailer. For example, the 15 by 12 eBay requires three dimensions for shipping. I have been putting in 15 by 12 by one, but is this correct? If I put in the actual size of the mailer with something inside, it may be 15 by 12 by three and that would cost more. What is the correct method for entering measurements for cubic rate shipping with a poly mailer? Thank you for answering my question. Stuart Feldman and his eBay store is No Mars Finery.

Griff: That is an interesting question. What did you discover there, Kayomi?

Kayomi: Okay, well Stuart, at this time eBay doesn't support cubic rates for soft packs only for boxes. We're working on adding soft pack support later this year. So check in then. But that said, sellers should input all three dimensions and listing and label purchase flows. And we will automatically offer the best rate and apply cubic pricing for Priority Mail and Ground Advantage shipments if the cubic rate is better than non cubic rates.

Griff: Yeah. So I think you make the assumption that the cubic rate might be more money, but there are cases when it could be less. And so we're gonna always offer the buyer the option for the less. We'll display that. But in the interest of accuracy and knowing that we don't support soft packs anyway for cubic put in the actual dimensions. Well that was fun and that's all the questions we can answer for this week. But we have several in the queue that we're gonna get to in episode 288. So we thank you for your patience.

Kayomi: Yeah. And then we'll be 12 episodes away from episode 300. In the meantime don't hold back. If you have a question you would like Griff or I to answer to attempt to answer.

Griff: Accurately, of course.

Kayomi: You can always reach us at (888)723-4630 or email it to us at podcast@ebay.com.

Griff: Yes. That phone number again is (888)723-4630 or podcast@ebay.com. Don't forget to include your street shipping address so we can send you an eBay for Business Podcast mug with a built-in USB speaker as a token of our appreciation.

Kayomi: I'm sold.

Griff: And now it's time for your three point podcast checklist.

Kayomi: Here we go. Check the Announcement Board at ebay.com/announcements for up-to-date seller news every day.

Griff: Don't put off that spring cleaning until the heat of summer. You're gonna hate yourself. Get it done now and you'll feel like you've accomplished a lot, which of course you'll have and you'll work much more efficiently.

Kayomi: If you need to review anything in this episode, it's easy. Check the transcript for this and all episodes for follow up on what you've heard and to find the links we referenced during the episode.

Griff: And on our next episode, which is 288 by the way.

Kayomi: Of course.

Griff: And in the interest of this busy summer season and then back to school and everything else, we're gonna explore marketing trends with eBay's, Jacob Hunter, get some insights on buyer activity for the rest of the year in 2024.

Kayomi: Nice. Very timely. We'd like to again thank our guests this week, eBay seller, Kendall Van Guilder.

Griff: The eBay for Business Podcast is produced and distributed by Libsyn and podCast411. We'll see you next week Kayomi.

Kayomi: Yep. We're outta here.

1 Comment

Got a question?

Get it answered on the "You got questions?" segment of the podcast:

Call us at 888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com

And take our podcast listener survey

• Listen on Apple Podcasts
  • Listen on Spotify
  • Listen on iHeart
  • Listen on Google Podcasts
  • Add RSS Feed

The eBay for Business podcast is published every Tuesday morning and is presented by eBay, Libsyn and Podcast411.