cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Payment System = The Last Straw For Me

It's almost funny at this point how every single new policy ebay rolls out makes things worse and worse for their sellers......

First it was the inability to opt out of allowing ebay to charge your account whatever the hell they want if you want to do business here.

Then, the garbage return policies it has been forcing on sellers

The always outrageous percentages it extracts from every transaction....

The complete absence of customer service to resolve disputes and the clear, pretty much automatic favor it shows to buyers

The complete lying about the true cost of shipping for UPS and FedEx services which are secretly added to your monthly bill AFTER an item has been delivered.

And I still tolerated all of that for years because I wanted access to this large marketplace.

But this new payment system is the LAST STRAW

Now, on top of ALL OF THAT, ebay decided it was a good idea to forcefully deduct final value fees at the time of transaction from sellers, AND by ceasing the paypal relationship it is no longer possible to instantly transfer funds to a bank account at the time of sale.  Now, the funds are held in processing for 1-2 days by ebay, then it takes them another 3-4 to actually transfer the funds into your bank account.  All for around the same amount in fees it used to cost for sellers to do this through paypal before.   How is this change anything but making things even worse for sellers?!

After all of these other policies they have implemented in recent years, this is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS.  Go to hell ebay.  I hope this business goes under.  Few companies deserve it more.  They just don't get it, and I think a lot of what they're doing here regarding the use of seller funds probably isn't strictly legal either.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

New Payment System = The Last Straw For Me

I think if someone was sufficiently interested, a class action lawsuit against ebay for aiding and abetting fraud through its return policies would probably be successful.  I'm completely done doing business here.  Ebay has helped people steal money from me directly on numerous occasions and now they go and do this.  What a grand company you've got here.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply