MM

@

PierceVaughn

Please use plain text.
twangerstudios
Community Member

Re: eBay with the Great New Zoom Pictuires

in reply to piercevaughn

way back when the old popup window worked just fine and was good enough and we didn't know any better

so ebay had to improve and now that it's great it doesn't even work

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

SAME FEELING HERE, WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY THE GREATEST ENHANCEMENT AND ACTUALLY WORKED REAL WELL???

I CAN'T SEE MOST OF THE PICTURES ON EBAY FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS. NOT BIDDING UNLESS I CAN SEE THE ITEM!

Please use plain text.
danner501
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

I'm someone who generally doesn't raise a fuss, but I signed up for an eBay store to take advantage of uploading pictures but the recent change has left me just plain frustrated - as a seller and as a buyer.  The previous enlargement feature for pictures was wonderful; the current zoom feature gives me a SMALLER picture, with a teensy weentsy window to peer into to see the item. This was a really bad change.  On the flip side, I've been spending less because I can no longer SEE what the item is.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

Amazing I was just on the phone with eBay about this problem.Messing with what did not need to messed with seems to be what the Geniuses at eBay will be remembered throughout history for.

I didn't even know this happened until last month I had 60 listings up and decided to look at one of them.I clicked to enlarge the photo it got about half size as normal.Then I had to click a + sign and move my cursor over it to enlarge those spots.It still never got to full size.What a Total waste.

I asked can I go back to the old way.They told me no.They said if I swithced to Google it would work better.I said,I have to use google.

Anyway if anyone at eBay ever read these they would think before making so many stupid decisions.

Please use plain text.
sadiesshop615
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

...I clicked to enlarge the photo it got about half size as normal.Then I had to click a + sign and move my cursor over it to enlarge those spots.It still never got to full size.What a Total waste...

Saddest part IS...

Picture-files of UP TO a maximum-size of 1600 by 1600 pixels

are now being stored on eBay's servers,

(as opposed to previous max-pict-size of 800x800),

yet the Zoom Overlay window, (containing +/- buttons),

only displays a 25%, (399x399 pixel),

section of that at one time...

Granted, if you drag and drop photo appearing in

Zoom Overlay to new browser-window or tab,

it DOES display at full uploaded size of

the image-file stored on eBay's servers,

however, this is a lot of work / too many steps

for many potential purchasers to go through...

There needs to be a built-in option to launch full-size

Gallery Photos, (minus zoom-loupe or +/- buttons),

to a new window...

Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

I just had to shut down because an image would not close.  Looking around to see if it's me or eBay.  Happened yesterday too.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

If they do not give us the enlarge image feature back I am out of here after over 13 years.  That will be the final straw for me!

Please use plain text.
tapestries
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

re my comment above.....i am impatient when the image changes but the enlargememt stays the same.  I double click and get the enlarged image that will not close.  This time I relaoded and got it to close without restarting my computer.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

I couldn't agree more. This new photo format STINKS!! The quality of the photos has decresed, the size of the enlarged photos has decreased, the zoom feature is ridiculously slow and absolutely useless and you cannot move the picture window out of the way if you want to look at what's under it. The old pop-up window format was great. Please bring it back.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

I cannot agree more guys the new picture hosting is terrible as a buyer and seller,if you need to see detail and zoom in you only get half of the picture,Ebay please go back to the old way or get something better please!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

THE ZOOM SUCKS! DO YOU GET IT, EBAY! NO ONE WANTS IT. RETURN TO THE LARGE PHOTOS. AM I CLEAR. WHO GETS PAID TO "F" WITH STUFF THERE. FIRE THIS INDIVIDUAL. YOU DON'T HAVE TO CONSTANTLY CHANGE THINGS TO BE SUCCESSFUL. ZOOM REALLY SUCKS!!

Please use plain text.
artdealsrevealed
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

The zoom worked fine on my other auctions but today when I went to list and checked the zoom mouse over it would only zoom the top part of the painting.  The rest just showed weird horizontal bands of flourescent colors.  Very weird.  I hope it doesn't discourage the viewers from buying.

Please use plain text.
shipscript
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

artdealsrevealed, revise your listing and upload your photo again. You are seeing a very rare situation where the server hiccuped while delivering the photo and noise or garbage appears in the image. Once delivered, the photo is cached on the servers and it won't self-correct. So replace your photo.

eBay Live 2007 Community Hall of Fame Award
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
Please use plain text.
artdealsrevealed
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

Thanks again shipscript, It's all fixed now.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to piercevaughn

Think they must have just changed in the UK, have seen loads like this this week. They're really rubbish, you can't see the item properly like you could with the old zoom system, it's horrible and unweildy to use as well, although I note there are still some items with the old zoom, wonder if these'll be phased out?

I spend loads on Ebay but this is very offputting, a bad move on their part and one that will discourage buying.

I'd love to vote in the poll but both options say 'Pierce Vaughan'?

Please use plain text.