eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Community Member

Getting spammed with "Ebay Deal of the Day" to mobile

I have a mobile device, Droid phone with Ebay app installed and every day I am getting this annoying "ebay Deal of the Day".   It beeps any time of the day and night.

Nothing via email, just to the mobile device.

How do I disable it?   I checked all the options under my account, nothing is to be enabled.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Getting spammed with "Ebay Deal of the Day" to mobile

in reply to paradigm0

My solution was to remove the Ebay app for Android. It was so deficient, for example, no way to search saved searches.

Just going to the site on the Android works so much better.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to paradigm0
EBay use to accept a nominal amount of money. Then they invented Pay Pal. More money. Then the depression set in and they weren't happy with being billionaires. They needed more of our money. So they raised their rates. When you break it down they are getting just above 10% that seems small, but when you are out there driving to sales the gas and wear and tear on your car is expensive. I have settings set to receive alerts on items I am interested in. I get those more than once per day. My settings are for a daily notice. Now hey are spamming us. How rude. Really just rude.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to paradigm0
I also feel abused by this constant annoyance. My Deal of the Day has been the same bloody deal for a week now too, so adding insult to injury, I get SPAM RE-RUNS!

I have no app installed for anything eBay--mobile or otherwise, so I wonder what the other Droid users are doing and where...??
Please use plain text.