cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sellers not leaving feedback

I have been a loyal eBayer for 20+ years with well over a thousand purchase transactions... probably closer to two thousand. Yet, my feedback rating in under 500. I leave seller feedback on almost every single transaction. Just looking over the last 6 months of transactions,  almost no seller has left feedback.  Why is this? Where has courtesy gone? While I'd love to take out my frustration on future transactions by not leaving feedback, I wouldn't consider that fair to an innocent party.  The feedback system is broken and I'm sick of being a victim of it. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Hi - I also have had this problem from sellers. I also fail to understand it. It really makes the seller like like a poor seller. Maybe the seller has gotten frustrated from having too many buyers not leave feedback, & decided to not leave feedback for anyone? I don't know. I especially try to leave good feedback for new sellers as they need it the most. I have to say that I do not much understand people these days. I realize this may not help you, but at least you know you are not alone in your feelings.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

courtesy went away when governments forced us to do something. If ebay starts forcing feedback sellers will leave in troves. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Feedback is entirely optional.    I will note that I only tend to see 20-30% feedback rate as a seller.  To add to that, it's entirely inconsequential for buyers as sellers can do nothing but leave positives.  While I tend to provide feedback in both buying and selling, most will not simply because it's an additional effort that in the end is indeed largely pointless.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@sleightman wrote:

well over a thousand purchase transactions... probably closer to two thousand. Yet, my feedback rating in under 500. I leave seller feedback on almost every single transaction. 

Your left feedback is 527, so the credibility of this post is in question.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You do know that feedback is entirely optional/voluntary, not required/mandatory for either party on eBay?

And that buyers can ONLY receive positive feedbacks from sellers, so some sellers do not both

Since it's not required that FB be left by either party, feel free to quit leaving it, your action should not be considered unfair by anyone who understands how feedback works.

How are you a "victim" of what you consider to be a broken system when you are neither a victim nor is the system broken?   

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

As a seller, I leave FB for all buyers once the item is delivered.  As a buyer, I leave FB once the item is delivered.  I give more FB than I receive...but as a seller, no FB is good FB!  Most buyers want their stuff and are done unless there is a problem.  A lot of people like to point out the negative rather than the good.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I wait to give feedback to buyers now because I only receive about 10-20% from customers. I just got tired of helping out all these buyers accounts with feedback, and getting nothing in return.

But I always return fb if they give it to me, and I always leave feedback for sellers because I know they can use it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Correct me if I'm wrong, but If I sell 100 items in 12 months and get 1 pos fb and 1 neg., my feedback rating would be 50%?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply