cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you rather watch an old tube TV or a Modern TV?

Would you like to trade your car in for a horse and buggy?

Do you like air conditioning or pre-airconditioning?

Would you rather have old news from a newspaper or up to the minute news from the internet?

Would you rather control your own money or have someone else do it?

This new idea being pushed is going to be a very hard sell indeed?  Probably no sells at all without threats.  How long will it really last?

Most people simply don't want to go backwards.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@the-box-girl 

I do notice when I occasionally put on lp....album....record, how much I  really miss the imperfections of vinyl. The little pops and clicks. It's like a major trip back in time. Listening all the way through. How the songs connect and bring back memories. Listening to random songs.  Not so much.

-Lotz

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've had radios from the 1940s and 1950s. Occasionally, I would broadcast 1940s and 1950s songs to these radios using an AM transmitter. Really nostalgic feel. I would make videos of this whenever I put one up for sale on eBay...made the sale easier.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I'll give you a hint.

My most recent purchase of music CDs are:     Sgt Pepper (1967)      The White Album (1968)    Abbey Road (1969)

New is good but sometimes Old is better.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'll take the internet news vs. newspapers question.

Today's internet news is a cluster flock!  It is lacking proper editing, lacks facts half of the time, omits pertinent facts that used to be obtained with real research and is full of very old "news" that isn't news anymore.  The sole crushing purpose of the internet is to sell people stuff they don't need.   I prefer reading a newspaper without thousands of endless pop-up ads and unwanted videos that constantly start playing.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply