cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia

Hello, 

I'm sitting here watching the news and I see Russia is / has Invaded Ukraine as well as I was looking at auctions for metal detecting and I seen quite a few auctions that was made up by Russia.  Normally this would not be a problem, but I feel now like Ebay is helping finance Russia by letting them sell here on Ebay, 

These auctions are listed by the Russian Federation as listed in their auctions.  I believe that Ebay should stand with the NATO countries  and make up sanctions of their own by canceling all auctions that are listed to fund Russia's invasion.  I hope others feel the same.  I also feel like all the social media platforms should also not le Russia  on their platforms.  I have seen lately that Youtube is letting the Russian Federation  make videos and doing the same thing. 

Thanks for reading,   Just my opinion, Your thoughts?  .....................................

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Russia

Ebay has no business taking sides in a war.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Russia

Don’t bring politics here. Especially, if you saw just one news report and didn’t research a subject.

Yeah,  punish poor people with 2 dollars auctions trying to make living  when their economics going to hell. 

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Russia

eBay will do whatever the US State Department says. If they get sanctioned or whatever, the existing listings will probably be turned off or possibly just let them expire normally and not allowed to create new listings until everyone hugs and says they're sorry.

As for posting videos or making social media posts. Don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to post stuff. If for no other reason than to see what the other side is saying about stuff.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Russia

Keep politics off the eBay Community Board.  

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Russia

Ebay will follow the State Dept’s rules regarding commerce in the affected areas. I know eBay has already blocked some regions’ users on the platform. Likely others will follow.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Russia

@timemachines 

< I feel now like Ebay is helping finance Russia by letting them sell here on Ebay >   

First, tell me what Russia is selling here ... I don't mean some person in Russia, I mean Russia itself.  I don't have a problem with some poor schmuck trying to make a couple of rubles.  Heaven knows the people are already poor enough over there, except the fat cats at the top.  

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Russia

Don't  care what color flag they fly I just care about the color of their money!  

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Russia

EBay has restrictions on goods from several countries which the USA embargoes.

Off the top of my head, Cuban stamps are banned even for Canadian sellers like myself listing on the Canadian site. Canada has not embargoed or restricted travel or trade with Cuba since the mid-70s. I remember my secretary telling us about her trip there nearly 50 years ago .

The sellers in Russia are not the Russian government.

I agree with restrictions on Russian government propaganda including their quislings in other nations.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Russia

...who will put sanctions to the USA one day in the future...???

...peoples are the victims of government dictatorship no matter where they are...even here...think about it...!!!

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Russia

@tianna74 wrote:

Don’t bring politics here. Especially, if you saw just one news report and didn’t research a subject.

Yeah,  punish poor people with 2 dollars auctions trying to make living  when their economics going to hell. 

Alas!  The sanctions applied to the items sold to and from sellers located in the Russian Federation will undoubtedly hurt those sellers and the Russian population.  However, such sanctions being imposed by the USA and European and other countries of the world will undoubtedly be something that affects eBay sellers that have done business with the Russian Federation in the past.   

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Russia

@coolections wrote:

Ebay has no business taking sides in a war.

Of course, if sanctions put in place by the governments of countries in which eBay sellers are located, there is nothing that eBay can do to avoid a disruption in business with that country, that I can see.  

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Russia

I agree with those about internet sales venues not selling to or from countries that the US Government levies sanctions against ... this week it happens to be Russia ... in the not too distant future it could be another large country west of here that may have far and away more internet sellers then Russia ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Russia

Ebay IS A BUSINESS & should cancel ALL LISTINGS from Russia IMMEDIATELY ! 

Message 14 of 35
latest reply