cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

Multi-INR /SNAD sellers... wouldn't last more than a few transactions. Buyers can leave negs.

Multi-UPI buyers... well it's up to ebay to keep them out.

Favor---- Buyers.

Message 106 of 691
latest reply

i am a small seller, and in the last few months i've had a too high percentage  of non payments. I only sell maybe 10 things a week, and lately i've been getting about 2 to 3 non payments a week.

Just in the last couple weeks i've had about 200 dollars worth of nonpayments. 2 months ago i had a 400 dollar item that the seller immediately said he couldn't pay for. i relisted and got 100 dollars less. Last month an item sold for 40 and the buyer never paid. I relisted and it sold for 12 dollars. This is hurting me financially. I was relying on this money for the holidays. I listed these things strategically at that time to receive the payments for holiday expenses. Now i'm stuck holding the bag. 

ebay should either kick these buyers off ebay, let us leave negative feedback, or start guarenteeing the seller the difference that we lost if the item sells for less when relisted due to the first buyers nonpayment.

I mean it's only fair, right?

Message 107 of 691
latest reply

tigermonky
Enthusiast

I am sorry my friend but you've got it backwards.  if the sellers leave then e-bay goes down.  buyers are a dime a dozen and they are worthless if they are always making bogus returns or being deadbeats.  Rather they of negative worth and there is no way to protect ourselves.

There MUST be consequences for buyers that waste your time and money or e-bay will fall, its only a matter of time.

I will say that you have inspired me to take my business elsewhere and if other buyers feel the same way then I recommend the same thing.  start a class action suit or leave that's the only thing e-bay will notice. 

POWER TO THE SELLERS !!!

Message 108 of 691
latest reply

tigermonky
Enthusiast

hwycinema

makes a good point about lawsuits being largely infective and a waist of time because it amounts to a slap on the wrist.  If you go that rout you feed a different class of people trying to screw you. 

It seems the only real solution is to boycott e-bay for unfair practices.  It is MORE than obvious that they don't care about the sellers which is odd because no sellers=no e-bay. 

I'm moving my store to other places TODAY.  e-bay has allowed me to be victimized for the last time

Message 109 of 691
latest reply

"Additional protections coming February 2013:

eBay has always encouraged buyers to contact sellers to resolve any issue with their purchase. Starting in February 2013, before opening a Buyer Protection case, buyers will be required to contact you first through Messages in My eBay specifying ‘item not received' or ‘item not as described'. This will ensure you have the opportunity to serve your customers before eBay gets involved. You'll have 3 days to respond and resolve any issues with your buyer before a case can be opened. Just having a case opened by a buyer will no longer count against your performance rating. Only cases not resolved in your favor will count to...

Message 110 of 691
latest reply

thegorilla561
Enthusiast

I left Ebay for almost 8 years - Now I remember why I left the first time. Ebay lost 8 years of sales from me - That's over 1 million dollars of revenue per year (smart move Ebay)

The answer to this challenge is really simple - More to Amazon if not corrected and made fair to all.

Sellers work their butt's off - without sellers no Ebay Keep treating sellers as unequal and they will leave. This is a fact.

Probably best to have a backup store on Amazon - just in case Ebay senior management stay's asleep at the switch. So far NO-JOY - Keep building on Amazon folks untill Ebay gets it right.

Message 111 of 691
latest reply

Question posed:

"How much does Ebay care about any of these complaints?"

Answer:

"How many of these replies are from an Ebay representative?"

Ebay is letting this discussion go on completely unanswered on their own discussion forum. Ebay doesn't care about anything you have to say. The only solution is to stop using Ebay. If you're unhappy, go elsewhere. I'm sure one of the people that has replied here has the necessary skills and resources to code, advertise, and launch a new site.

More infuriating than the feedback system is the hold on my money in Paypal.

Message 112 of 691
latest reply

I just had my second non-paying bidder this WEEK! I am not even a regular seller, but I have had 4 this year from deadbeats because there are no consequences. Today my buyer TOLD me he's not going to pay because he bid too high by accident, but I still have to wait 4 damn days to open a case!

Another great feature, I tried to add "Please only bid if you plan to pay." in my auction and ebay told me I couldnt add text that deters bidding!!! I'm not deterring bidding, im deterring BAD bidding. What a load of S H I T!

Message 113 of 691
latest reply

isle_k
Enthusiast

Perhaps this is simplistic in some ways, but just wait until the buyer receives their purchase and leaves you feed back. If there's been an issue at least you can voice it in some way.

Message 114 of 691
latest reply

capecod_chris
Pathfinder

It's not always the buyers fault for not paying.  I just tried to buy two items. I click on buy and now I'm committed to buying the items.  I registered my card with paypal and I now have nothing but problems.  Every time I try to use that credit card it says that this card cannot be used.  I contact paypal and they say their sholdn't be an issue, check with my bank.  I use it for purchases on every other site.  It's total bull. 

Message 115 of 691
latest reply

shopusafashion
Enthusiast

Why the seller can not leave Negative to bad buyer? Ebay should to give us a fair

Message 116 of 691
latest reply

What happens if we leave a negative in a positive field? will that get removed? it's not great but heck it will make me feel a little better lol

Message 117 of 691
latest reply

As soon as I recognize a deadbeat buyer, 4 days I fie a unpaid item, then if it is not resolved, I block him from purchasing from me again. If they get nasty, I get nasty. leave a nasty positive feedback on their's if they neg me.

Sorry, that will just get you a slap and eBay will remove FB at buyers request. You as a seller OR a buyer can not leave a positive (check) FB w/ negative comments. Per EBay.If you get nasty, again if buyer complains, ebay will remove FB.

Message 118 of 691
latest reply

djb.design
Enthusiast

This whole place is a joke, sellers are treated like garbage. I had a buyer file unclaimed 1 working day after their item was posted. I posted it Thursday and they put a complaint in on Monday. The postal service in the UK has been severely disrupted due to the snow, buyer states she has no problem so that I am lying!

The buyer is rude, and demands I refund them as the item has been lost! I spoke to the carrier and they advised I need to wait at least 7 working days before I can file a claim and due to the weather delays I need to wait an additional 2 days, the buyer gets even more irate that it is not her problem even though it has only actually be 6 working days as of today.

(fe)ebay advise that I am in the right because I need to have the carrier confirm they are happy it is lost in the post as the item is recorded, but the buyer just threatens me with eBay and now refuses to talk because I won't refund them.

How come Amazon is so simple, item listing take seconds and I have never had grief from a single sale on it compared to eBay where every other transaction is a nightmare in some shape or form!! 

And I guarantee I will get negative feedback for this but will not be able to warn other buyers that this buyer paid late by 5 days, ignored communication and is a nightmare to deal with with!!

I HATE THIS COMPANY! just wish there was another auction site that had the same sort of traffic as (fe)ebay as I have never found anywhere except Amazon that sells easily, just wish Google or Amazon would open an auction site.

Message 119 of 691
latest reply

That's true and thanks for the post

Enjoy

Rima

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dvrkid2012/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=
Message 120 of 691
latest reply