cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't leave negative feedback???

dmc06041969
Thrill-Seeker

I have buyers that never pay and never communicate.  When I go to leave feedback, all I know get are the choices of "positive" or "I'll leave feedback later".  Why can't I leave negative feedback anymore?

Message 1 of 691
latest reply
690 REPLIES 690

I have just had a consistant non payer not pay for an item she bid on and won.  The positive feedback comes up as 100% as negative feed back cannot be left.  This seems so unfair, to the seller, as frustrated sellers now just put the negative feedback in the positive as it is the only way to vent your anger.  This person has not paid for items at least 32 times this year and is still allowed to buy.  Why is this?

Message 301 of 691
latest reply

Ebay could care less about the Sellers!!  They only protect the buyer.  

Message 302 of 691
latest reply

Why are they a hostile seller? Four days is more than enough time for a buyer to pay! Heck, I only give three days and I have it stated in all of my auctions. If you don't have the money to pay for my items, why are you committing to a purchase from me?

I know it might sound a bit petty, but I'm outraged by my lack of ability to leave negative feedback for buyers! I just had a buyer who was outraged by a $3.95 shipping charge, HE REQUESTED, because the items won't arrive at his door in the time frame he wanted (2 days). After requesting me to lower my shipping charge from $5 for 2 DVD sets, he then bombards my inbox with messages telling me I should have payed $5.80 out of my own pocket for flat rate so he could get them faster. All this after I was nice enough to wait a week for payment from him, and now he turns around and blames me for the 2 week gap between the listings end and the items arrival date. He's nothing more than a man on a mission to cause people trouble, an eBay troll if you will...

So what if this guy decides to leave negative feedback due to my "outragious shipping"? I'm not allowed to defend myself? What total BS!

Message 303 of 691
latest reply

What if We started our own webpage where we could list deadbeat buyers?  Than we could run the winner of an auction with a database?  

Message 304 of 691
latest reply

Barbiesellergirl0613 - The same goes for buyers buying from you. you have been paid promptly, however, you have failed to deliver the items I (along with others, check your multiple negative reviews). SHAME on you!!!
Message 305 of 691
latest reply

I have plenty of information to share about eBay. I have sold nearly 100,000 items totally nearly 15 million dollars in the past 13 years. Its simple mathematics, eBay makes millions of dollars weekly off of non paying bidders. Sellers who do not file non paying bidders forms lose that money to eBay. It might seem like a small amount, but when you're dealing with anywhere between 50 cent and fifty dollars x hundreds of thousandsif not millions of transactions weekly that's a ton of money! Do the math. I have made ebay nearly 4 million dollars alone in eBay fees, PayPal fees, listing fees, fine watching value fees Etc....eBay has done nothing but being possible to deal with. I could give you examples that would blow your mind. We had one person complain over a 50 dollar item, PayPal held our funds for 21 days and forced us to ship items before they're even paid. EBay suspended our account for 3 days because we left a comment for a non paying bidder that read quotation
Message 306 of 691
latest reply

"never paid" for a non paying bidder. They only found out because we complain to eBay that the same non paying bidders left the negative feedback after we had open and close to non paying bidder case. eBay suspend our account for 7 days for listing an authentic item that they said could possibly be counterfeit. We should a pair of Air Jordans that were guaranteed authentic and the buyer complained to PayPal that they were not authentic, PayPal then sent us an email stating that they would give it a refund to the buyerand PayPal said in the email they instructed the buyer to destroy the item. I still have a copy of the email from PayPal. eBay owns PayPal although they don't want people to know that. Something else that most people don't realize eBay charges sellers a 10% percent fee of the shipping amount that sellers charge on top of all their other fees. My sister had an account with eBay it had a positive balance of $9. She went two weeks and did not sell anything and her account mysteriously showed she owed eBay $54.00? the fact is sellers have 0 protection on eBay. If a buyer complains for any reason, the seller will always lose with Paypal and Ebay. Also if a buyer evercompliance to their credit card company the seller will definitely lose the case. I have made a substantial living on eBay honestly, I'm so sick and tired of the way either a treat their sellers
Message 307 of 691
latest reply

selling on eBay is like playing Russian roulette with a loaded gun guaranteed you will lose.
Message 308 of 691
latest reply

I have a buyer that ordered an XLARGE hockey jersey from me (spacewrangler13) and then left me negative feedback because he wanted a small which was not available in my ebay store. I also accepted his best offer, and I offer a full refund with additional shipping charges within a reasonable amount of time. After submitting a feedback revision request he denied it. The buyer is clearly manipulating the feedback system and ebay is making it nearly impossible for me to have the negative feedback taken away. Why as a seller do we not have the right to leave negative feedback for the buyers anymore? They should just get rid of the feedback system altogether, as a seller I would like a warning if I am dealing with a terrible customer.

Message 309 of 691
latest reply

I am a very occasional Ebay seller, and just got stung by a winning bidder just going to ground and not responding. He did respond to the cancellation, so he isn't dead, or sick, or lost his ability to type.

Of course his 100% positive rating looks a bit diffferent when you read the feedback comments, which are in the majority negative. But who has the time to check every bidders detailed feedback? And can you even arbitrarily cancel their bid? I've not done some of the options on blocking various bidders (ones with strikes, unpaid items etc) but have no way of knowing if that would have blocked him.

One comment on his profile suggests he works for a company which may be operating in the business of selling things like my item - i.e. he might be deliberately stuffing up my auction because he (or rather, his company/employer) has a similar item for sale.

I have reported him through every Ebay channel I can. Obviously he doesn't care about the negative comments on his feedback profile because they go back months.

Incidentally, the second highest bidder was available on ths list for a Second Chance Offer, and the only bidders who were in the list had maximum bids much lower. That's all a bit suspicous too. Are people using Ebay as an online gambling game?

Message 310 of 691
latest reply

Let's protest cars speeding up and down our city streets where our kids play!

Message 311 of 691
latest reply

Okay it's actually been awhile since I've had a nonpayer, till last week 2 unpaid. I was actually looking forward to leavng Neg feedback  [after nonpayment for a 4days  I send invoice to auction winner: toadsnsnails  buyer sends message asking me to combine shipping, so I had to go out and purchase a special box to fit 2 large items, then silence and nonpayment then I have to wait another week for UIC to close RIDICULOUS! .]  Today I realize that option has been take away WHAT THE ............??????

Since Ebay has grown into the giant that it is (Remember Netflix and ATT?) and not listening to sellers- what alternatives exist to Ebay? Sometimes a mass exaduos can provide a wake-up call. I know power sellers don't want to lose their status, but what if that could be transferred/ credited to another venue like ebay. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

Message 312 of 691
latest reply

Completely agree just got a competitor that saw a type on my listing and without question left negative feedback upon receipt of item. I sold my items for 1/3 of what other people were selling for and now my 100% feedback gone forever. I even tried to refund money but it was clear this was a competitor! Next day I sell a used pair of jeans and now the buyer wants a 80% purchase price to send to cleaners because they disnt like the smell !! Seriously what is this coming too. If my score keeps going down I will be pulling my products and going elsewhere. I have had no problems before and waited till after the buyer left feedback to also return favor. Now it doesn't matter if you put negative it's a postion for buyer if you so nothing still positive. The feedback system is no longer valid and for any seller to track and therefore makes no sence why it is even there I think the best way to deal with this issue to to list elsewhere or not leave feedback at all since the seller gets punished regardless. I agree that ebay about to have a class action suit do to false representation of the buyers status.
Message 313 of 691
latest reply

We bring it on ourselves?!?!? Are you serious right now. I just had someone win 2 pairs of really nice pants for 1.25 plus 5.60 shipping. Its been 4 days, I tried contacting yesterday and heard nothing. I did not bring this on myself one bit, thats a steal for 2 pairs of pants that were worn a handful of times! I did not ask this person to bid on my auction, win, and not pay. I do ebay for fun, its my hobby, selling and buying I don't need the money but if someone wins something its their responsibility to pay or at least communicate. If a person can't wear their big kid pants and face the music then they shouldn't buy on ebay. I don't duck people on the items I buy and 9.5 times out of 10 I pay right after the auction or BIN is commited.
Message 314 of 691
latest reply

Your wasting your time trying to talk to these pieces of DOG**bleep** that run ebay and especially paypal , they have LIED to me many times, they give fake names when you contact them, fake case numbers, WILL NOT under any circumstances answer ANY questions concerning the 4 ways they make money on each sale, 1. Listing fee 2. INTEREST they make on our money while it sits on their bank for 21 days or how ever long they decide to hold our money 3. They skim off the shipping 4. A final value BULL**bleep** FEE! These people are the worst **bleep**ing SCUM, the BOTTOM of the barrel. **bleep** THEM
Message 315 of 691
latest reply