cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting more scam buying storms, and bare bones sellers customer service. Wild West?

Hello,😁 is any one else feeling the wild west effect on ebay that I am?

I hope there are some public forums that allow free speech between sellers having issues with the same repeat bad apples, that are still parasites in our kind and respectful community. At what point can we,as people, ID these repeat predators? They should be flushed out like any other riff raff.  What action plans have we, as a community to operate autonomously?  It seems that customer service availability is down and we are going to have to address some issues as community. 

Has anyone experienced predatory or retaliatory 

buyers that storm your store with bids and then don't pay?  Or canceling orders while bidding on everything?

They do not care if they hurt others, because it is their "buyers account" and thus the feedback is seldom checked. Also using fake or disposable IDs.

So, my entire inventory has to be relisted or 2nd chance offered, (if I were greedy~that would wash, however, I abhor "shill"bids and dishonest sellers far to much for that karmic nonsense.)

I love this community and I depend on it, like millions of others, since being home since in 2011 due to health.

Now ,more than ever this is a place many folks will need to make ends meet. Home shopping is higher than ever and security and customer service should be better, rather that decreasing, during the Pandemic. What action plans could be manifested, as a community to operate autonomously? I believe in the good will of human beings❤️ and truly hope the ladies and gentlemen who have been here since the beginning feel the same.

Okie Dokie, Y,all be kind and well.

Stay safe and keep your faith and hope even when it is hard.

Respectfully,

Random Kindness

PS. Please forgive my typing as I find it very challenging. God Bless.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Getting more scam buying storms, and bare bones sellers customer service. Wild West?

@randomkindness2016 

Certainly, for those with the time and inclination, there are forums outside ebay to discuss trading partners and their bad behaviour. Buyers and sellers. Maybe my name is on a list. 

Me, I file the Unpaid Item dispute, close it 4 days later, add the user to my Blocked Bidder List, and I move on. 

Leaving negative comments for a buyer is not allowed. If reported, the comments will be removed and YOUR account will be dinged for each report. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is the place to learn how to move on with your selling and buying, not a place to rant about bad behavior.

When a member wins your listing and doesn't pay in 2 or 3 days, open the Unpaid Item dispute in the Resolution Center (link at the bottom of this page). Wait 4 more days while eBay reminds the winner to pay. If they don't pay in that time, close the dispute for nonpayment. The buyer gets a UPI Strike from eBay in their account, can't pay any more, can't leave feedback. You can't leave feedback, can make a Second Chance offer to another bidder in the Bid History (click the # of bids to open the Bid History).

If your deadbeat buyer has 2 or more UPI Strikes, they will find that many sellers block them from bidding/bin'ing/offering on their listings

Message 3 of 3
latest reply