cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GetOrders returning old fulfilled orders in with new orders.

Over the last few days, we have seen the GetOrders return orders from a few years ago as new orders.  We have been using this API to get current orders for years and all of a sudden we are getting past orders that have been fulfilled as new orders in the data. Has anyone else seen this? How can we get an order from 2021 in our GetOrders call when we are only requesting orders from the last 24-hour period?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: GetOrders returning old fulfilled orders in with new orders.

Some more detail on the issue. It seems it is from deleted accounts. 

eBay User ID

0owlu6-pq8s@Deleted  from 2021

and 

eBay User ID

waYYpuUtR52@Deleted from 2019

Why are these showing up as new orders? Is anyone seeing this issue with their GetOrders data?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The problem appears to be occurring because the API is returning incorrect data in this field:

LastModifiedTime ( dateTime )
Indicates the last time that there was a change in value of the CheckoutStatus.Status field, such as 'Pending' to 'Complete'.

The orders in question were processed and marked complete years ago, but for some unknown reason are now coming back through the GetOrders API call with a LastModifiedTime of today.

So it appears ebay is doing something with the historical order data that is updating the LastModifiedTime on certain historical orders when it should not.

e.g. what's coming through the GetOrders call on an old order:

ebay order ID: 12-06851-63797

Order Date: 4/4/21, 4:42 PM

LastModifiedTime: 4/20/23, 1:08 AM

The above order was fulfilled and processed over 2 years ago, but is coming back into the GetOrders call today because LastModifiedTime has been updated to today.

The order viewed within the ebay portal does not show today's date tho, but some of the order data is malformed:
order-12-06851-63797.JPG

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

From what you've said I'd assume this is because orders are "updated" when the account that placed it is deleted.

I'm guessing that the ID field is modified by some back end system at ebay which then changes the date, even though the order hasn't changed, the system must add "@Deleted" to every occurrence of a said ID. 

Multiple occuring at once likely is a result of accounts being culled based on certain rules, etc.

Not intended functionality I'm sure but it seems logical with those assumptions. To completely avoid it you'd have to search by another parameter, though I can't see the issue happening loads.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply