cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API developer account registration rejected

Hi, trying to register a developer account. Filled the form, waited 1 day, tried login in the next day but got the message:

Your account registration was rejected due to problems with the data provided or other irregularities. If you believe this rejection is in error, please see our FAQs and Contact Channels page or work with your eBay representative directly.

I could not find any info anywhere on this error, in the FAQ or elsewhere. I did not receive any email explaining why the registration was rejected. Anyone has seen this and can help me out?

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: API developer account registration rejected

Our account was active and working for >1 YEAR.  Without notice or contact, we are experiencing the SAME issue.

We have not been able to get any response from the Development Team for 10 days (and counting so far).  Merchant Support cannot contact them, Customer Service cannot contact them...

We have filled out the 2 line form DAILY looking for a reply...none received yet!

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@brunofrechette 

There is a contact form on this page for rejected accounts:

https://developer.ebay.com/support/developer-account-support

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks, I filled the form. I'll post the outcome.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hello, @brunofrechette 
As you mentioned that you filled the form and submit the reasons for registration, will you get any news? 
Do you pass and login the developer account without any problems?

Please leave the news here, so it may help us, thanks ~

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

So far no answer 😞 I have pretty much given up. I don't really want to spend any more time on this. Sigh. Oh well.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

were you able to register finally?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

My developer account is not active. I have the same message when I try to log in : "Your account registration was rejected due to problems with the data provided or other irregularities".

I have kind of given up for now. Too much time to invest in poking around to see/understand what's not going right. I have not received any reply from eBay, which is sad.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hello:

Same situation happened to me.  Old account token expired.  When trying to recover password with email it said:  Your account registration was rejected due to problems with the data provided or other irregularities.

Tried to open a new one, last Thursday 7/13/23. I received the email and confirmed it. Wait 1 business day. Today when trying to login with the new account, the login button is gray. When tried to recover password from email, the same message appeared: Your account registration was rejected due to problems with the data provided or other irregularities.

After looking around, went to Support menu -> Developer Account Support -> My account registration was rejected and filled out the form.

I will wait other business day to check if something happen. But, reading your post maybe there is no way to reach ebay Support when creating an account for the first time or can't login if expired. Thankfully I know I'm not the only one in this world with the issue.

"Help us OBI-WAN Kenobi, you are our only hope!"

Arlene V.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Even I am facing the same issue, I dont know how to contact them as it seems there is no other way.

Thaheera

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks everyone for helping.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

any updates on this?

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

For me, I have ditched the project for now. I have not checked if anything changed,

Message 13 of 13
latest reply