Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: can you help me the name of these dolls

Sorry no idea, I only collect cintage Ginny dolls

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Do any of the dolls have any type of label? Sometime there is info around the back of the neck.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ici,
Try to "google" Image : Klump Dolls or Rodan Dolls.
You may find something interesting..
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Do they have a mask face...like made out of material painted? They remind me of Polish dolls for some reason. Start looking in those 2 directions and good luck!
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hello,

I think the person who suggested Klumpe or Rodan dolls was correct, I think they are vintage Spanish doll like theses https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407364728768169599/ see what you think.

Good Luck they are really cool!

Christy

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

im thinking they are Klumpe dolls  check this name out and im sure you will find others that look like this   

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

They look like "Lenci's"?
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

DSCN1118 B.jpg

Hmmm

I have some ethnic dolls but I thought mine looked Russian or Ukranian or Armenian or Hungarian....NO IDEA !! 🙂 COOL Though ! 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I am absolutely no expert on this, but check out Lenci dolls from Italy.  If that is what you have that is quite the prize!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Are the faces felt? and nicely painted? any markings on any of them? Check around the legs.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Two have one or both shoes marked Made in Italy and one of those has both shoes also marked "MC" but besides the fact that their hand painted faces remind me of Lenci, I don't know anything about them.

The one spinning wool I am calling Baba Yaga but she could be Bulgarian, Armenian, Hungarian, Turkish or Ukranian. The one in green looks very Italian to me and has marked shoes. The small one looks Spanish to me but could be France or Portugal. The far L. one looks German or Swiss perhaps but shoes are Made in Italy. Who knows, they could be Greek, Afghan, or Albanian ?

I just found out the Far L one has a cloth label stapled to her that says I.S. Sutton & Sons Made in Italy and she is at least the 1950s could be older. Thank you for being so considerate and sweet. Some may have been mass produced but some were hand painted and some are very lovely.10848991_10152564140071272_4638523963383426851_o.jpg

Message 12 of 12
latest reply