cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1973 Penny no mint mark, double die raised edge. Worth anything?

Is this 1973 penny worth anything? This goes out  to you all advanced collectors. I dont know anything about coins. except I do the old google search and you cant ever believe what you see on there cause some says this penny is very rare. So im comming here to my fellow ebay friends. All I know is it does not have a mint mark and it appears to be double die also and raised edge. Again google says this is what your looking for in this penny. So please friends can you give me some input on this please thaks. Picture below.1973 penny.jpg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Having no Mint Mark simply tells us that the coin was minted in Philadelphia.  This is typical for circulating coinage. As for a die variety, there are great resources available to you on line. Check out Wexler's Coins and Die Varieties where you can find information on what to look for in die markers for comparison.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

it's a regular coin... there is nothing special about it...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

smedley, said it best I could not see any double die markings and so was raymno sorry to burst your bubble but you are doing the right thing  always check your change, I run a 28" Samsung monitor with a great video card so I can see all on coins and cards, good luck

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How can I post a picture of my coin on here 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

That is not a double die.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply