cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeaky Rubber Duck Looking Backward...Is this a cartoon character?

I have this odd vintage squeaky rubber duck. It has a molded pink bonnet with ties under the chin (the ties are molded on the duck's back).  This duck looks really nervous or scared. What's up with that? The only markings are "5 Made in Taiwan" on the base. Its head is not movable. It measures abt. 4-1/4" tall.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Here are the pics:IMG_9900.JPGIMG_9898.JPGIMG_9899.JPG

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@micesco-0,

I love older cartoons and do not recognize the duck as being a recognizable cartoon character. If it were there would probably be a Character or Cartoon studio copyrights name, Ex: Disney studios Warner Bros. etc., molded on the toy.  It is probably just a generic rubber ducky. The Taiwanese toy sellers were/are not like the chinese ones who violate copyrights constantly.  I'd look worried too, if my head was on backward.

If you are considering selling it , I don't think you'll get much for it, since it is not marked as a studio character. Most of the generic rubber ducks sell for less than $5, and those are new ones. Still because of the backward head, maybe you'll get lucky.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 3
latest reply