cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sega Channel Bag

Anyone know anything about this Sega Channel canvas tote bag I found? Thanks!sc1.jpgsc3.jpgsc7.jpg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sega Channel Bag

@zone-ranger 

Being not a gamer, I asked my son about this.. He is a big time gamer including the retro consoles.. 

He said these were often promos and some are highly collectable but you have to make sure it's not a cheap knock-off.  I have no idea how to do that.. Is there any tag at all inside?

Sega Channel went off the air in 98 so it would be a collectable item.. 

One place where you might have some luck with a LOT of gamers & collectors is Reddit. The retrogaming channel at Reddit to be exact.. There should also be a Sega sub reddit..   Worse case it gets more eyes on your auction and possibly more $$ 

Maybe somebody else will have more info but I did some digging and can't even find another one of these totes.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Sega Channel Bag

Looks like an E3 type booth giveaway

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Sega Channel Bag

@gkn29 wrote:

Could be but worth something now..

The Sega Channel was like one of the first gaming services available on tv like online is today..

It went out back in 98 so that's 23 years ago..

What looks like a cheap promo to non-gamers could be highly collectable to gamers..

My son is all excited and thinks it belongs in a serious collectors hoard. LOL

Here's the wiki for the OP, @zone-ranger You should read up on it..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Channel 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sega Channel Bag

@pikabo-icu wrote:

@gkn29 wrote:

Could be but worth something now..

The Sega Channel was like one of the first gaming services available on tv like online is today..

It went out back in 98 so that's 23 years ago..

What looks like a cheap promo to non-gamers could be highly collectable to gamers..

My son is all excited and thinks it belongs in a serious collectors hoard. LOL

Yes, totally agree!

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 5 of 5
latest reply