cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's latelatest "fix"

whiteriverroute
Explorer

I don't know why eBay has decided to revamp their hobby listings, but this may be the last straw. I can no longer shift through listings, to get to a particular scale (model railroads), so, I'm forced to go through the approximately 35,000 listings, in order to browse. No thank you. If I'm correct, and I don't find that it is simply a rearrangement,  I'll be leaving eBay, after 23 active years. Every time there's been an "improvement ", it has made things difficult.  This time it's gone entirely the wrong way.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Ebay's latelatest "fix"

@whiteriverroute,

No one here understands the reasoning behind the search changes, or why it was done so poorly, without seeking the advice of people with experience in the categories they have messed up. 

Without knowing what your search wording is, it is hard to give exact answers. However, I can tell you that overly broad search terms Ex: HO trains, do not work any longer.  Searches that have worked for me are HO steam locomotive.  Passenger car O scale.  Box car N scale. etc.  IN Toys & Hobbies.  When I have gotten to the first results pages the Category: Model Trains and railroads,  Mfr. and other filter buttons  have worked for me.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ebay's latelatest "fix"

That's what I was afraid of. Now, I'm relying on the seller providing a complete,  concise,  accurate, on point description,  or I may not get what I'm looking for. I wish I could remember the last time that happened. More often, than not, I've bought stuff from someone who admittedly knew nothing about what they were selling, they'd picked up a gold mine, in a garage sale, and were selling it cheap. I'll admit, that was far from a daily occurrence,  but it DID happen. This is about where eBay was, when I first started. But, back then, there might have been 10,000 listings, total, in the model railroad category. That was all scales, lumped together, and no search engine. With some 50,000 items, and more, I dont have time to browse any more. Oh well, guess it was good, while it lasted.

Have an outstanding day.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply