cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doll Categories

dollsandtrains
Rising Star

What in Sam Hill have they done with the Doll Categories?  It's a nightmare trying to navigate now! I hope and pray Ebay goes back to the way it was!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Doll Categories

Ebay has killed a lot of categories in many areas.   We have to rely more on item specifics now, both for listing and searching.

It's possible ebay is working toward the logical end of this process.   Ultimately, there will be only one category:  "Stuff."

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Doll Categories

Yes, agreed, alcoforever, except the one category will be: "Cheap Stuff from China with Free Shipping."

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Doll Categories

And in half a mo I predict someone will post here with supposedly helpful links and instructions on how you can achieve the same results in the new world of no categories. But what I always notice is that these "helpful" people don't actually search and buy in those areas, whether it be dolls, model trains, or any of the other categories eBay has mucked up. So they have no way to discern the difference between "results" and "useful results".

I've been buying vintage Barbies on eBay since 1996. It's why I joined the site. And these changes will be why I leave it.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply