cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know who this vintage 13" tall vinyl doll is? Open/shut blue eyes open mouth rooted hair

I haven't been able to find the maker on her body and think she is from the late 1960s. She has blue eyes with eyelashes that open and shut, flat (not high heeled) feet, open mouth, rooted hair, painted fingernails .  She stands 13" tall. She is made of a firm soft vinyl that squeezes but not easily.  Any chance of identification since I can't find a makers mark?  No label on her snapped dress and pull on panties  thank you for any insight or thoughts you may have.  front of dollfront of dollDoll FaceDoll FaceDoll rooted hairDoll rooted hairDoll Flat FeetDoll Flat FeetDoll painted nailsDoll painted nails

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Does anyone know who this vintage 13" tall vinyl doll is? Open/shut blue eyes open mouth rooted hair

The doll has the look of a vintage 60's era Italian-made doll, probably Furga. Compare your doll with some currently listed on eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@pipilo02,

Try looking up Ideal Betsy Wetsy dolls online.  Except for the hair length (which could have been replaced) the doll you have looks like a mid `60s version of the doll.  If your photos were sharper it might be easier to check out some of the details.

Inside of the Mouth is there a round opening, for a bottle nipple?

On the bottom of the feet there a (I'm not sure how to describe it) is there a straight line/shelf between the beginning of the toes and the flat of the foot?  If so maybe it is a B W doll.

B Ws had  painted lower eye lashes w/ nine lashes.

My sister asked me to sell some of her old dolls a few years ago and I saved the doll identification site (link below) The site has info on many doll mfrs.

https://dollreference.com/ideal_toy_dolls1950s.html

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

All Betsy Wetsy dolls are marked Ideal, and this is not the Betsy Wetsy mold. I suspect she might be a Betsy knock off. There were quite a few, and many were unmarked.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I don't think she's a Betsy Wetsy.   Her mouth is slightly open but not made for a bottle like a drink n wet doll and no hole to release any liquid.  Her feet aren't marked neither is the back of her head or neck, her back or rear.  I tend to agree with another idea that maybe she's an Italian 1960s doll or maybe some unidentified doll clone sold at five and dimes.  Although somebody did give her nice silky rooted hair and pretty sleep shut eyes.  Thank you for your thoughts.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply