cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone help me identify these slot car bodies?

I was just wondering if anyone out there can identify what these slot car bodies are. Are they Aurora slot cars? Also what models are they. I think the convertible is a Ford Mustang and the #6 Car is a Mercedes, but I am not sure of the others.

Thanks!IMG_0968 (2).JPG

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone help me identify these slot car bodies?

@s.rum,

If all you want to do is identify the Make and Model of the bodies that's not too hard.  If you are trying to figure out the manufacturer, Look at the undersides of the bodies, there may be Mfr's names on them. They all appear to be 1/32 scale.  As best as I can tell they are;

Top row L-R:   1/32 `64-`68 Ford Mustang Convertible.  Mercedes, )hard to tell the specific year & model #) Possibly a `58-9, 330 made by Bauer, or Revell.

Bottom Row L-R: (1) `63? Thunderbird.   (2) Strombecker (slot car brand) Chaparral  (3)  1959? Corvette Custom Rally.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Yeh these are very old ones. I agree with you #6th one is  Mercedes benz . But others are not very clear to identify.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hello and good morning 

You best bet is to reach out to a Slot car professional, here is San Antonio we have a Slot race team who is works out of Traders Villiage Market, bet he would be more than happy to help you ID your cars here is a #,,, good luk

210  623  8383

Sigs70

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Blue 1960's Ford Mustang

White 1960's Mercedes 300SL Roadster

Bottom

Light Blue 1960's Ford Thunderbird

Dark Blue 1960's Chaparral 2a Race Car

Yellow 1960's C1 Corvette

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@s.rum,

If all you want to do is identify the Make and Model of the bodies that's not too hard.  If you are trying to figure out the manufacturer, Look at the undersides of the bodies, there may be Mfr's names on them. They all appear to be 1/32 scale.  As best as I can tell they are;

Top row L-R:   1/32 `64-`68 Ford Mustang Convertible.  Mercedes, )hard to tell the specific year & model #) Possibly a `58-9, 330 made by Bauer, or Revell.

Bottom Row L-R: (1) `63? Thunderbird.   (2) Strombecker (slot car brand) Chaparral  (3)  1959? Corvette Custom Rally.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 5 of 5
latest reply