cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1959 miniature Ceramic Leopard. Anyone recognize it?

Can anyone identify this critter? It has MPC 1959 ADA penciled on the bottom of it. Although I am inclined to believe that is probably some little girls and her friends initials and not manufacturing details since MPC animal figures from 1959 were plastic.

I am inclined to believe he is a really good find because he has whiskers and everything else WIN_20220611_19_51_41_Pro.jpgWIN_20220611_19_51_34_Pro.jpgWIN_20220611_19_49_52_Pro.jpgthat came out of the same box he was in was a great find, but I can't identify him.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@onefootflipper 

He's cute isn't he, I would be more inclined to think MCM of Japan and some former owner penciled in the info as original foil label is missing.

To me he looks a toss up between a Disney character or just a Anthropomorphic Tchotchke. He's sweet as can be!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I wondered if the pencil markings mean this was given to a sorority girl of Alpha Delta Alpha. But the only school i found with the initials MPC was Monterey Peninsula College. The school is old enough to have had a 1959 date, but there is very little info on student organizations of the era. It is currently a community college and they don’t have sororities. So sadly i struck out.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@onefootflipper,

Have you considered trying to do an image search?  Maybe a like item has sold on another venue and there is information about it.  If that doesn't work you still have a cute item, to add to a collection or to resell.

M.P.C. is Multiple Products Corporation, who is now known for marketing products from various manufacturers, often ones  who has closed or sold off part of a product line.  They used to manufacture model kits and pre-assembled dealer promotional model cars, and some other plastic toys.  

Its my guess the MPC and maybe the ABA on your item are the initials of the recipient and/or giver of the figure. It may have had a Mfr's sticker on it at one time.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply