cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
Are you new to the group and don't know where to start? How about here, tell us a little about yourself, what you sell, how long you have been selling and anything you would like to add. -- .......... dsbooksnmore ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool
Books are Fun Entertaining Educational
and well...
Just Plain Good For The Mind And Soul.
Give One Today.

-- Edited by dsbooksnmore at 03/18/2011 5:07 PM PDT

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

Thanks, cybersolutions! I did up the price on the china, and some of the others so it would pay for the 'FREE SHIPPING'. I'll revise the listings. I have 3 pieces that I haven't listed yet that do have a couple chips, so will either sell 'AS IS', or add to the donate bag.

Message 61 of 155
latest reply

In my experience, the chipped china does not sell. It does matter where the chip is.  I recently sold a set of 4 dinner plates where one plate had a chip but it was on the back, so they were fine with it.

Margaret S. Craig
Message 62 of 155
latest reply

Also on clothing, you need to give measurements. Bust measurements and length.  Measure 2 inches down from underarm seam

for bust measurements.  Measure across the chest and double. Measure sleeves from shoulder seem and lay clothes flat when measuring.  A Large is not always the same.  People will email you for this.  I just started listing clothes this year and I have learned.  Always think of yourself as the buyer and think of any thing you would need to know.  This also cuts down on returns because the item does not fit.

Margaret

Margaret S. Craig
Message 63 of 155
latest reply

Thanks, Margaret. 

I'll place them in the trash. They were all part of different groupings so it was probably 1.99 to 4.99 for the grouping, depending on the number. 2 cups and a saucer have chips & a dinner plate has the band fading on one side.

Message 64 of 155
latest reply

Great! Thanks, Will revise the listings I have now & keep that in mind for the pieces waiting to be listed.

Message 65 of 155
latest reply

Margaret;

You said: ' Measure across the chest and double' how do I indicate that in the listings? And the bust measurement - is that for women only?

Message 66 of 155
latest reply

Yes this bust measurement is for women, mens is the chest measurement from arm pit to arm pit, you do not double the mens measurement.   You put all of this in your description of your listing

Margaret

Margaret S. Craig
Message 67 of 155
latest reply

So first I measure the 2 inches down, then across & double? 

Message 68 of 155
latest reply

Yes, for womens bust -  Measure 20 inches across will be a 40 in bust

Margaret

Margaret S. Craig
Message 69 of 155
latest reply

OK. That makes sense.

Message 70 of 155
latest reply

Hello All,

I am METTLLE- Designer Handmade Jewelry selling on eBay from many years.

Message 71 of 155
latest reply

Shalom...

I'm newbie from Indonesia, sell all about coffee.

Nice join in this group.

GOD Bless Smiley Happy

Message 72 of 155
latest reply

Hi all!
I am new to the group and new to selling on eBay. I've spent a lot of time buying and now hope to get some of the money I've spent on frivolous things back. I hope even more that I'll make more money than I spent, I have several auctions ready, in a draft. I'm just scared after reading what some seller's go through. Wish me luck!
Message 73 of 155
latest reply

Hello I Am a new seller how do i get more people to buy my stuff i hate when they view but dont buy ??
Message 74 of 155
latest reply

Hello everybody. I am Gudni from Iceland.

I am new to eBay only been selling for little over a month. Got permission to place 25 items monthly.
I have still only sold 3 items with all of them not yet arrived to the buyers. So I am waiting Man Tongue

I am selling many nice items. And I have already got 238 views on my seller page.

Feel free to ask me questions on any of my items Smiley Tongue

Best wishes to you all newbies

Message 75 of 155
latest reply