cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

ds_gifts
Enthusiast
Are you new to the group and don't know where to start? How about here, tell us a little about yourself, what you sell, how long you have been selling and anything you would like to add. -- .......... dsbooksnmore ~ educational, books, CDs, toys, homeschool
Books are Fun Entertaining Educational
and well...
Just Plain Good For The Mind And Soul.
Give One Today.

-- Edited by dsbooksnmore at 03/18/2011 5:07 PM PDT

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: New to the group? Introduce yourself here.

leahbauer
Enthusiast

Hello, I am new to the group 🙂  My name is Leah, and i hope to learn and eventually contribute!

Message 31 of 155
latest reply

elonor18
Enthusiast

Hello Every one

My name is kiki, and i am an ebay seller .  I started since october of last year. i am very new to the market .  I accidentally came across this group sites when i was doing the free bump to promote my store.  I read little about some topics and i fall in love with the group.  well i hope to bring a contribution to group with the little knowledges that i have.  Love , peace and prosperity belong to those who have positive minds

See you

Thanks

kiki

Message 32 of 155
latest reply

Hi Leah and KiKi,

It's nice to have you here!

Paula

Message 33 of 155
latest reply

bellavolgofashions
Enthusiast

Hello everyone, I have been on ebay for a few years, but I really want to make this a great business for me.  Any information or advice will be so helpful!

Message 34 of 155
latest reply

I am new to the board but not new to ebay, selling since 1999 and I also sell on Amazon.

Margaret S. Craig
Message 35 of 155
latest reply

Hi. My name is Vicki. I've only been selling for a few monthes and can't afford to open a store yet. I was wondering how so many people who sell on ebay can afford to offer free shipping? I don't use many apps since I don't want to pay alot to list my stuff. I'm kinda lost as to where to find real help cause everythings so techy in here. I'm not exactly tech savvy. And tired of loosing money due to fees. Any advice?

Message 36 of 155
latest reply

Hi fellow sellers! My name is Chris. Thank you for adding me to your group! I've been selling on eBay for over 10 years. I sell a little bit of everything.

When I'm not on eBay I fly skydivers. They pay me to throw people out of airplanes... life is good! I credit eBay with helping me to pay my way through pilot school. If it wasn't for eBay I would not have been able to pursue my passion in life... flying.

Is anyone here going to eBay Radio Party and Conference in Vegas?  I'm thinking of going. I have wonderful memories of eBay LIVE in Vegas back in 2008! I learned a lot at the workshops, found some great wholesalers and met some new eBay friends!

~Chris

Message 37 of 155
latest reply

Hi. I have been selling for about 6 months now, I sell a bit of everything but my specialty is Fisher Price Toys. I also sell Ralph Lauren, Polo, Chaps, Old Navy, etc. clothing, mostly mens shirts. I don't sell anything that isnt in perfect condition. I think I am doing pretty well, people say nice things in the feedback but there is just so much to learn and so much that I don't understand yet. My goal is a store at some point but I am still afraid it is over my head. One think I was wondering is how those rectangular name tags that people put on here are made. My son just graduated from the Phila. Art Institute but he just doesnt have any patience with me. He thinks I should remember what he tells me and doesnt seem to understand that us old people just don't have good memories anymore. Any advice is always welcome because I know I am still probably doing some things wrong. I used to sell antiques when my children were small but I have a rare cancer that keeps me from getting a regular job and I am hoping to be able to help my husband by being successful at this. I love buying and selling and I love toys for some reason. Kathie

Message 38 of 155
latest reply

t2940
Enthusiast

Hey everybody, newbie here and thought this group looked interesting. I'm about 30 miles east of Dallas Tx and have been selling on ebay since 1998. Just started this year selling a bit more because it's fun and I have a product many first responders use when they go to areas where there is compromised drinking water. I get a lot of repeat business from ebay buyers that later visit my website. Some are survivalists, hunters, people traveling, and so on.

Oh well, that's me so now it's time to go read about all of you.

Have a great day

Terry

Message 39 of 155
latest reply

everlove44
Enthusiast

Hi, my name is Hayley. I used to sell stuff on here (early last year) and now I'm back (with a new account). I sell books, CD/DVDs, PC and Nintendo games, and occasionally some other collectibles.

Message 40 of 155
latest reply

Hello, I'm not new to ebay I've been selling off and on here for years, I started selling and buying on ebay back in 2000. Back when it was more fun and easier to understand. As the years went on My brother wanted to get into selling/buying on ebay and so did my boys. That's when we came up with the name sullivanbrothers.Inc, later on we were able to change the name to just sullivanbrothers. We have been working on a business plan to try and go part time and we would like to make a go at doing ebay full time as a family owned business. We offer wonderful customer service and have 100% positive feedback. We sell a wide verity of items, We try to sell items that we know about so it is easier to answer questions and get better deals that we can pass along to our customers. That's our short story, we hope to be listing soon.. Have to get to the Auction LoL.. Have a good Day/Night   shamr3.jpg

Thank you for viewing..

Message 41 of 155
latest reply

Hi Vicki,

How is it going ? I have some advice although I'm not a pro about eBay but I have been selling and buying on eBay for a few years off and on, started in 2000. About the store, Don't open a store yet, it is only worth opening a store if you are doing a lot of sales 100 or more listings a month or $3500.00 in sales a year in order to qualify for the discounts of 20% for being a top rated seller. You can be a top rated seller without offering free shipping and a 14 day return, but you wont get the 20% discount to off set the cost of the store. As far as what to sell so you don't lose money. Try to sell items that you can make at least $10.00 to $40.00 profit. That way you can absorb the cost of free shipping and the 14 day return policy. Also make sure you don't forget to add in shipping materials and  paypal fees. If you can't sell higher priced Items or Items that you can only make $2.00 to $5.00 off of you will have to sell a high amount of them. Keep in mind that your time is worth $$$ some thing and it takes about the same amount of time to ship smaller low profit items as it does higher priced higher profit items. Make sure you keep records of all you experiences. Some people think they are making money but they are not keeping good records. I have made that mistake.. Oh one more thing to help with sales.. Make sure you offer great customer service.. That is about the only thing that will make you stand out on eBay.. A store not to much people shop price not stores on eBay.. Hope this helps and good luck on eBay.. Feel free to check out my feedback..

Message 42 of 155
latest reply

Hello, my name is Ken Whitewolf and I own and operate a wood shop (Whitewolf's Wood ~N~ Crafts) in Vine Grove, KY. Been selling off and on here on Ebay since 2000 and am looking for different ways to increase sales. Looking forward to meeting (at least talk to some of you) you all soon.

Message 43 of 155
latest reply

Hello Ken, Nice to meet you.. I took a quick look at your store and it looks good.
Have a good one
Ed
Message 44 of 155
latest reply

Hello Ed, Thanks for the visit, comment and the hand shake.

Be well,

Ken

Message 45 of 155
latest reply