cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Users' Stamp Club meeting Nov 21-23: “Displays, exhibits, presentations”

*** eBay Users' Stamp Club ***

Please join us for our monthly meeting on Displays, exhibits, presentations: how do you show off your collection?

from any time on Friday Nov 21 till midnight PST on Sunday Nov 23.

Displays, exhibits, presentations: how do you show off your collection?

Many of us store our items in albums, stockbooks or Vario/Hagner sheets (and sometimes shoeboxes). But if you are wanting to share your collection with others at club meetings, stamp shows or as part of a presentation, you may want to make it a little more fancy looking.

Tell us how you show off your collection:

• Do you use special paper, protectors, or stamp mounts?
  • Do you add illustrations, photos, postcards or ephemera?
  • Do you just show groups of similar items or do you tell a story?
  • What else do you do?

Anne and I will be decorating the balcony with ornately designed stamps with matching covers. A set of 16-page exhibit frames will be set up for those who’d like to display their collection and give viewers a run-down of the techniques used.

Japanese hors d’oeuvres will be available to show you how important presentation can be.

See you then!

Sheryll and Anne
eUSC 2014 Co-Presidents sheryll*net (Sheryll in OR) and abt1950 (Anne in NJ)

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: eBay Users' Stamp Club meeting Nov 21-23: “Displays, exhibits, presentations”

Hi all,

I have absolutely nothing to say philatelically this  month  but give cudos fo Sheryll and to everyone who has posted such interesting material.

Also, I brought a last minute dessert--a chcoalate bombe.  We had a bomb threat at work on Thursday, so this seemed appororpaite.  No need to evacuate the balcony however.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Live long and prosper, both personally and philatelically

Anne in NJ

Message 31 of 38
latest reply

Re: eBay Users' Stamp Club meeting Nov 21-23: “Displays, exhibits, presentations”

The eUSC meeting is now officially closed, but feel free to post or comment on other posts.

Thanks to Rob for keeping the meeting going for 4 days! And to Roly for your questions, to Roger for making it to the board in spite of eBay glitches, and to Billsey too! It was interesting to see how differently we each tackled exhibiting and presentation, both in the early days as well as now.

Thanks, Anne for the cake! I’ll need to wash my hands before I touch my stamps mounts and matting paper and paper trimmer.

MIAantonius-ra, bwiphilately, dbenson, iomoon – all of whom could have added valuable contributions to the meeting.

-----------------

Next meeting will be the weekend December 19-21 and the topic will be:

Famous and Infamous People

with a sub-topic of

eBay’s changes: how do they affect you?

Message 32 of 38
latest reply

although I usually don't have much to add to the monthly topics,

I read  and enjoy each months entries.  I've tried to add a photo or

link but still haven't been successful.

Message 33 of 38
latest reply

oggilby - Great to hear from you, and glad that you are enjoying the meetings.

I'm not sure why you haven't been able to post a link or pic.

I post them by clicking on the chain icon (link) or mountain icon (image).

For a link, I copy the link address.

Then I highlight the text in my post that I want to convert to a link.

I click on the chain icon.

I paste the link address in the Url box.

I generally click on the Target option that has my link open in a new window.

Then I click on the OK button.

For an image, I place my cursor in the part of my post where I want the image to appear.

I click on the mountain icon.

I click on Browse and hunt through my computer's folders till I find the correct image and click on it.

I click on Insert Image.

Let us know if you are having other problems with links and images.

Message 34 of 38
latest reply

It's really nice to see oggilby and Anne here as well! I didn't realize how much I'd missed reading posts by each of you.

I also realize how hard it can be to post when the topic doesn't quite fit what you do or what interests you. Sheryll and Anne just happened to hit two that I had something to say about.

Again, thank you for the emails inviting me to attend. It's always nice to be invited.

Rob
Message 35 of 38
latest reply

Hi Rob - Glad you could contribute. Please feel free to drop in and say hi even if you think you have nothing relevant to the topic.

We are trying to mix the topics up a bit. Some provoke more comments than others.

A list of old meeting topics is here, and some are accompanied by links to the relevant meeting threads.

If you recall a topic not listed and when it was, let me know so I can update the page.

We welcome any suggestions for topics.

I will always send invitation emails out. Please anyone let me know if you don't receive one. I aim to update email addresses where I can.

Message 36 of 38
latest reply

Hi folks,

I was reading the board but only as a lurker during the meeting.  I have never displayed anything anywhere so had nothing to throw in.

Enjoyed seeing the terrific stuff posted though.

Message 37 of 38
latest reply

jaywild - Nice to hear from you.
Hopefully you will have something for the next meeting. All the presidents, for a start... 😉

Message 38 of 38
latest reply